Our Candles

roady

Wow! Why the sarcasm? I was just sharing with you how my tests went and letting you know (since you were concerned) that my shells did not burn. Maybe the ones you used had something on them that the company treated them with??? I don't know. How many tests would I need to do considering I literally tried to catch them on fire by using a direct flame? When is enough enough???

No sarcasm. You bolded words first. Guessing those were KEY words so I bolded and some I hit the stupid caps lock by accident. I don't know if there was stuff on mine. I'd test a couple of more times and remember that just because everything works two or three times, it might not the fourth or 10th or 15th etc. There are several ways to test the candle, thinking customers aren't likely to heed directions. Two tests on a candle just doesn't seem like there's enough variables for something with those kinds of embeds. Not suggesting your burn your house down testing, just suggesting a few more tests the way someone else may burn it (no trimmed wicks, 8-10 hour burns followed by 1 or 2 hour burns etc.) to make sure. And making sure when they sink they don't keel over the wick or knock it off center to make one side of your glass too hot. Those things I'd be testing for too.

I think your candles look great but, I do suggest to crop your pictures so that when you are fitting them on you label they are not stretched. It may just be the pic that you uploaded but it looks as if the lime is stretched vertically. Are you printing your own labels?

Well, I know what you are talking about. That is the way the lime was in the original pic. Kinda oblong...LOL! Trying to find a pic with both cilantro AND citrus was not easy, whew!

Yes, I am printing my own labels. It's funny... I enjoy making the labels more than making the candle. Go figure. I get excited about new fragrances I order but not near as excited trying to find just the right pic to design my label!!

No sarcasm. You bolded words first.

I'm sorry Scented. I didn't mean anything ugly by bolding my words. I was just emphasizing that I do test. I'm one of those people that talks with my hands. I've been told I'm a tad bit dramatic....LOL. :rolleyes2

I can see how that might host a few problems, lol. I just thought that you might have stretched it a bit far but they look really good. Are you using an injet or a laser printer? I ask becuase I am thinking about purchasing a laser color printer to speen up the process of printing labels and the multiple other projects that I have taken on such as Slide Show DVD's that I am compiling for people to send as Christmas presents.

very nice looking.

going off topic kind of...as for the name thing where can I or how can I do a search for this. So they (the suppliers) can sell the scent called A&F but when we make the candle we can't call it the scent that is on the bottle?

is this true for like all scents? Like peaks strawberry or TCS amish harvest? sorry so confused here but that is easy to do with me lol