Need help with DoRight mold

jade

I can't get my soap out of the Mr. DoRight mold -can't even get the sides off of the mold. When taking the mold apart, do you take off the short ends or the long ends & do you push them out toward the bottom of the mold or toward the top?? Thanks!!

Oh, good I am not the only one that this is happening to. I want that soap out the next day. I think its a PITA!

HA! And THAT is why I sold mine to Grumpy Girl and now I use wooden log molds that I line w/ freezer paper.

I guess it works better if you discount the water......

Donna

That's why I make my own molds. I give them an extremely fine finish and the soap comes out very easily. I would recommend using some kind of mold release agent like Pam cooking spray or mineral oil to line the mold next time.

Yup, I have his mold and my soap was still way soft but I un-molded it anyway b/c I'm impatient and I had no trouble removing the walls.

That's why I make TOG WOOD MOLDS with my unique liner system! It's hard to beat the insulation factor of wood with a top verses any kind of plastic mold, just a fact. I was thinking HDPE myself at one time, did make myself one using a dado blade on my table saw to make the common channel like most have, used super slick sided food grade HDPE, the soap still sticks unless you wipe it down with mineral oil. I may come out with a TOG HDPE Line this spring, time will tell, but for now, my TOG wood molds, especially my new 12/24 bar TOG Slab Mold with liners and Lexan dividers is "DA BOMB!" They are selling very well for me.

Paul...

I have the same problems. You can use your cutting tools like the credit method stated above. I use an oil to "grease" the mold with as well. I know with my wooden mold if I've ripped the freezer paper to the point that I can't pull the soap out I throw the whole mold into my freezer (I have a chest freezer) for an hour and the log falls right out maybe you can try that with the Do Right Molds. I haven't yet because the other methods work for me. This mold, between the hard release and the size of the soap has been a huge disappointment to me!