Cold Sores

soycrazy

I'm having my first bought with cold sores/fever blisters and it's the worst. So can anyone give me some ideas how to ease my pain? I'm been using GSE diluted in a oil and it's only helping a little. Maybe there's something better like tea tree or something in a whipped butter.

My DH has had cold sores since he was a baby and struggled all his life with this horrible stuff. He tried everything and our dentist gave him a prescription for Valtrex and it works. At the first tingle he takes a couple and he hasn't had a cold sore for 2 years now. It really works great. The only downside is it is expensive but worth every penny because he doesn't have to deal with the cold sores. I highly recommend it.

Thank you all for your help. I never experienced this and boy does it suck. One side of my face looks like I've been in a fight. My lysine bottle is expired so I'll have to get a new one, but I suspect on top of stress & getting over a cold and being vegetarian (not enough lysine) I was doomed from the start lol. Hopefully it gets better soon.