molded candles

I'm a bit confused. I have been wanting to try some silicone molds. But, really how many of these things do you need if you want to make these for sale? I mean, with only a couple of molds, wouldn't it take forever to make enough product to be profitable? If I get a 5 cavity tart mold, how long would I have to wait before I can pop them out of the mold and repour more? For those of you that use molds, how many of the same molds do you have? If I can only make 10-15 tarts (by the time they cool) in an hour, how am I going to make any $$$$$ !

Nancy

That is a problem using silicone molds you had a bit of an investment if you want to make any money. Silicone molds like my floating roses I have 10 of them which takes care of most of my needs. But things like cherries and other fruit I have depending on the size of the fruit 5 to 10 molds of each fruit. Now depending on the fruit most of them do at least 15 embeds per mold. I buy more as my need increases.

I have slowly invest over time so it is not a huge amount out at once.