Where can a find a bunch of these jars...for cheap?

I poured one of these last night just for fun, got 2 for myself and a friend, and darn! what a pretty candle it makes!!

My friend actually had the same idea with the cello bags and rafia or another tie, instead of a lid, then the label could be put on the bag instead of on the jar, and of course your phone # could be put on the bottom of the jar w/ the warning label so folks could re-order. :cheesy2:

Those are really sharp containers. Is it something that DG has on a regular basis, or did they only have those two? If they always have them, it would probably be cheaper to just get them there. Shipping on glass is killer.:sad2: I have to pass DG on the way to and from work; I'm stopping by there on my way home today and see if they have any.

These are actually Libbeys. Candlescience has them, only in the larger sizes. Would love to find tops for them. There are looks something like shrink wrap from the picture that is in squares it looks like that you can buy but don't remember where, I bookmarked it and will look for it later. I saw where Candlewic I think it was is getting in lids for them the first of next year. Don't know if they will fit this size or not though. If I can find out more later will post.:)

I buy these at Dollar Tree & the Mgr calls me when they come in. You can also buy in bulk. Tell the Mgr what you want & they will give you a form w/ an 800 number & your DT store #. I can give you the sku# & upc# for the Libbey Cubes, but you have to know your DT store # for shipping. There's no shipping fee for bulk orders, just a $4.95 handling fee. Also, you have to order in box quantity (they come 6 to a box), but there's no minimum. These hold 10oz & I sell them for $14., so don't drain my supply!! <grin>

Susan.

http://www.tayloredconcepts.com/accessories.htm

This is where they have they square top seals.

Square Adhesive Top Seals for Containers

#4032 Small 3.5" $1.92 (24)

#4034 Large 4.25" $1.92 (24)

Round Adhesive Top Seals for Containers

#4031 Small 2-3/4" $1.92 (24)

#4033 Large 3.5" $1.92 (24)

For the cubes like I got at Dollar Store it will take the small 3.5 seals.

Just thought I would give an update on the covers for these jars I got from Taylored Concepts. They really are neat. They are adhesive squares that you just stick on and then press the sides down. I went to the Dollar Store yesterday and got all the jars they had:p

Guest Candelishis

I use those DG jars too, The truck comes in on Wednesday evening, and right before they close just about every wednesday, I go up there and buy every one they have off the truck. Sure, I can get them cheaper elsewhere, like 90 cents rather than a dollar, but I don't have to pay shipping this way.

Susan the first picture is best, just can't get the hang of pictures:(

It is a hard type, nothing like saran wrap. You can't smell the scent thru them, you could probably punch a small hole or two in the cover so you could smell scent. I really like them. The have the square in large and small - this is small and also the circle in the 2 sizes, just got squares. I think I saw somewhere on a site where some of the apoth type jars had this same cover instead of lids.

Sharon,

Could I ask what you shearched under to find info on these? I really want some but cannot find them locally. :rolleyes2

Thanks!

Ya know what, I did a search, yea, AFTER I posted :rolleyes2 ...and got a bunch of info!!!

Thanks anyway!

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59680

Hi Sunnie, Grama started a thread on them not long back that had a bunch of info...I just did a search on Libbey Jars... I cannot find a supplier that sells the 7 oz size, CS has the larger 15 oz ones...

I am sorry you cannot find them locally, shipping for glass is killer.... :rolleyes2