Wholesale mile radius

I have just rec. my first wholesale request. The shop was inquiring about other areas the my products were in, in a round a bout way "how many miles apart" were my products station. What is the rule of thumb? She found out about my product by simply going to a shop, and purchasing one, then called me. I am researching the wholesale sale bit. There is lots of helpful information on this site but I am having trouble "getting to the meat and potatoes" so to speak, of all of the information. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

I'm sure this person is just concerned about competition if there is another shop nearby that also would be selling your products. There is no 'rule' about how far apart the shops should be.

I have my products in a couple of shops here in town but they are in completely different areas. My products are also in surrounding towns so they are several miles apart from one another.

I think mostly shop owners don't want the shop next door or down the street to be selling your stuff too because that would be in direct competion with them. Its bad business for them and bad for you cause you could lose their account. So just use your common sense. You want all your customers happy.

I have alot of stores in the same area and only one store had a problem with it, so she didn't buy my stuff. She wanted a 10 mile radius. I said I wouldn't do it. No loss because she went out of business within 4 months. Not every store wants the same thing or may just buy one time and not order again or on a monthly basis. Look at Yankme I see them in almost every store I go into and they are next to each other. Who cares anyway. Just because I go to the mall doesn't mean I am going to go the every store there I just go to my favorites and leave.