Need Help!

My friend bought some tart/votive wax from C&S to make tarts.She called to ask me to help her she says it wont hold scent and color she brought a tart over in a small bag and the tart was back to white with all of the color and scent standing in the bottom of the bag liquified so instead of wasting my scent I melted some of the wax and just added color (i used a very small piece of a color block)poured like I always have my tarts in my molds and it is very very oily the entire top is oily and has a big shine.What causes this and/or what can be added to this wax to be able to use it.She has 50 lbs of this stuff.She called C & S and was told that their wax was fine but she could send it back but have to pay the shipping which would almost not be worth it..If anyone could help It would be greatly appreciated.

HI Liberty, What is the name of the wax? And how much scent and color was she using per LB of wax? The reason I ask is because I use 25% container wax and 75% Pillar wax (4625) and when someone else comes on they will ask you for all that. I am sorry I can not be of much help but there will be someone that will chime in soon to help,,,

I added the color at 175 as I always do and poured soon after.I did not add any FO at all just checking the wax out.All she knows is that she ordered the votive/tart wax from C & S It is in slabs and when you cut the slab into its very hard and looks crystallized.These tarts have a high shine,I have never seen anything like it and I have made tarts for years.I tried a votive and its the same way very oily and very shiney.