Pretty Sure I Got A Phony Website Order..

Candybee

I think I have read where some say "I will send a couple sample jars if you will pay the shipping cost".Just a couple samples. IF she is legit I am sure she only wants a few and not all scents you carry.

I am going to do that but just last week for wholesale page I set up a application for those who are interested in maybe selling my candles in their business.That might help weed out those just wanting samples.

If this is legit it is a good order. Work on it. I have wondered at times to but it came out. Once sent a e-mail and 3 days before she got back.SO I worried. She is a good customer now.:smiley2:

LynnS

Yes, I think it's funny that she's wanting to order that many candles if there are only 18 employees, but she did say she had friends and families. yes, still that's odd. But, she did answer, of course, not the "offer" email I sent her.

Has she responded to anyone else's offer email? Just curious.

I'm not worried about it in the least. I get dozens of these every year. My main focus is my "real" customers.

Have a great weekend all!

Carrie

She does sound like a phony. Once and only once I did send a free bar of soap to someone who said she was looking to carry soap in her gift shop. There was something different about her.

She ended up being a very good customer who has ordered from me several times and loves my soap.

I think you need to trust your gut on these things.

e

I just wanted to say again how lucky I feel I found CT. I first found it researching candle making a while before I even started posting, and read the current as well as the archives, especially over morning coffee. This thread reminds me why I feel lucky because had I got an email like this, my husband would have had to peel me off the ceiling I would have been so happy thinking I was "special" and that someone wanted that many of my products. And, had I not read here, I would have most likely done whatever it took to make this person happy, even if it meant I spent money. More likely than not, I would have been disappointed when I never heard from the lady again, and I would have felt bad and wondered what I had done to have run her off. But, because of CT, I am very leary about those who email and I know just what to say/ask when it happens because of the great people here who have been there and done that before me. So yay for all the great people here that are willing to share the good, bad and the ugly :yay: