Asheebeans' Bubblin' Bombs

asheebeans

I have been playing around with various recipes and finally came up with one that I am satisfied with. It doesn't make a "rock hard" bomb (I couldn't drop these to the floor without them shattering) but it has been three days and no cracks! I tested these in the bath and I really like them! I figured I would share the basic recipe and you can tweak it as you like. Enjoy!

Asheebeans' Bubblin' Bombs Recipe:

1 c. Sea Salt

1 c. Baking Soda

1/2 c. Citric Acid

1/4 c. Corn Starch

1/4 c. Kaolin Clay

3/4 c. SLSA (you may use less if this is too drying)

2 T. melted butter of your choice (think shea, mango, or cocoa butter)

1T + 1 tsp light oil (sweet almond, sunflower, etc.)

3 tsp witch hazel

2 1/2 tsp fragrance oil

spray bottle with witch hazel on hand

I don't have any fancy method of mixing this first, add that second. All my dry ingredients get sifted together. I then mix all of my wet ingredients together in a separate bowl. Once the wet ingredients are mixed I add them into the dry ingredients and mix very well until the consistency of wet sand. If the mix gets too dry, spritz with witch hazel until just damp and mix. Pack into molds of your choice (I tested with the 60mm ornaments and meatballers too) and let set up for 24 hrs then package as desired. I hope this works well for others too, as I am very pleased with this basic recipe! :D

I made this recipe today using Sal butter and evening primrose oil cuz that is what I had on hand. I am by no means an expert as this is my second batch but the recipe is very easy to make and I had no problems using my ornament as a mold! I will post how they held up tomorrow. Thanks for sharing this recipe!

I'm so glad they are working out for you! They hold up really nicely when in a container, but unfortunately they do not pass the "drop" test. :sad2: (Yes, I dropped one just to see! LOL) :o I'm thinking maybe going to all melted butter would help with the hardness a bit. I may have to play some more! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I made the bath bombs again asheebean but this time I doubled the butters instead of using witch hazel and they are holding up well. I have not dropped one, lol, but at least they are in a bag and not crumbling. I did spray witch hazel on them after I made them just to help keep them from cracking but I may not have needed to. I love this receipe!!!!! Thanks.

• 1 month later...