Temperature of Wax

I have always heated wax in the melting pot in a double boiler, add the color and fo to the wax in the pot. Today i tried pouring the wax in a pyrex measuring cup before adding anything. I used EZsoy, heated to 185 degrees, poured into the warmed pyrex cup, it reached 175 degrees real fast. I didn't use color today, added the fo at 175 and the temp dropped immediately to 165 degrees. The fo was room temp. When I stirred and poured at 100 it wasn't really slushy it was more grainy. Will the temp drop that fast affect the candle? The tops are real smooth, looked right after it cooled. I usually use GB415, not real familer with EZsoy.

Thank you SoSoy and Tereasa. I made more today and did it like I always do, in the melting pitcher. The temp dropped almost as fast as in the pyrex cup when I added the fo. I just had never noticed it before. The consistancy of the wax when I poured it really threw me, it was so grainy. Thanks again.