removing tarts/melts

from the burner or melter. How do all you out there tell you customers to do this? Or better yet, how do you do it yourselves? I tried putting mine in the freezer thinking that it would shrink the wax enough that I might could just slide it out, but not luck, I actually used a kitchen utensil to break the wax in half and then of course it slid out. I did try searching this but the exact wording is a bit difficult so I'd love any help you want to give!

TIA

How long did you leave it in the freezer? When I first tried to remove a tart from the bowl, I left it in the freezer 20 minutes like it said on the warmer box. Wax would not come out! I then left it in the freezer all day and when I tried again, it popped right out when I put a little pressure on the edge of the wax with a wooden utensil. BTW, I used 4794 paraffin wax. HTH.

Guest Candelishis
Personally, I dump the melted wax into the trash or an empty can then wipe clean with a paper towel. I have no patience to waiting for it to completely cool in the freezer. I tell my customers they do it this way or the freezer method.

I do exactly this too. I leave my melter on 24/7, and if I can't smell the tart when I walk in the door after work, I dump it out and pop in a new tart.

Guest Candelishis
Leaving it on 24/7 isn't that just wasting melts?

One might think that it is wasteful. However, I like my house to smell good all the time, and I am impatient and don't want to come home, turn on my melter, and wait to smell the tart. And i break mine in half and change them every 3-4 days, so I use about one melt a week, so really I'm only "wasting" about 50 tarts a year. (Give or take a couple). And if I use a half, I can change scents half way through the week. I have a utensil drawer in my kitchen full of halves of tarts..lol..I forget sometimes to check there, so I run downstairs to the big boxes of tarts and get a whole new one...oh well.

I use a blend that is quite soft and doesn't come out of the warming pot very easily. I put mine in the freezer for at least 15 mins- but I think there is one more step to it.... harder waxes will come out right away usually when you do this, but with the soft ones, don't give up and dig it out until you have at least waited a few minutes for the container to actually change temp and release it. I turn my containers upside down on the dish drainer or whatever and give it a few minutes. THEN try to pop it out with a gentle but firm tap on a hard surface. I just think it needs a few minutes to release as opposed to immediately out of the freezer and people get frustrated. But I still have had to dig em out- but either way- it's sooooo much easier to do when frozen, lol.

And of course, i'm going to state the obvious but i've done it myself... make sure your container doesn't have any kind of lip or it won't pop out and you will have to chunk it up to get it out. The opening needs to be wider than the base and smooth all the way up.

Personally, I dump the melted wax into the trash or an empty can then wipe clean with a paper towel. I have no patience to waiting for it to completely cool in the freezer. I tell my customers they do it this way or the freezer method.

If you are using a tealight melter, just remember to remove the tealight BEFORE you dump the melted wax.....:( LOL