J223 curing time

The first time I tested it I did get pretty bad wet spots. I am currently very frustrated with soy anything so I decided to test it again last night. The candles are completely cooled and NO wet spots! Wahoo! Are you washing your jars, pouring into heated jars and cooling very slowly?

Laura

:confused: Has anyone got wicked wet spots with j223? I have almost a whole case of it left, I guess I am going to try wickless with it! I was just wondering if anyone else had the same problem as me!?:sad2:

Kimmeroo

Yep. Wet spots are just part of making candles. To reduce them with J223, lower your pouring temp. I pour around 155 and have hardly any wetspots.

I've used this wax for years and got worse spots with a taller and narrower jar. For a while I poured in the basement and really struggled with them at times. Now have a shop and have been heating the jars and putting them back in the box to cool real slow and am getting some really nice candles. Too early to tell if the problem is solved. I got some wax from the Candlemakers Store that is supposed to help with wet spots. Seems you add a tablespoon to a pound of wax and wetspots go away... have not tried it as of yet but will let you know when I do.