What I learned today...

tammyc

...throw away a leaking mold; do not attemp to fix. One of my hurricane molds was leaking. I tryed to fix it using j.b. weld. It is supposed to withstand 600 degree temps. Needless to say, my wax was not 600 degrees. Anyway, as I was about to set it in the water bath, the glue let go in several places. It was like a fountain. Wax squirted out from all sides all over my kitchen. I usually work in my wax kitchen in the basement, but my son was watching a movie in the living room so I brought my stuff upstairs so I could keep an eye on him. What are the odds. Anyway it took me 5 hours to clean up. On a positive note; I found another use for my heat gun. It works great for cleaning wax off the cupboards and floor. I knew I should have been working on my web page instead! Talk about a complete waste of a day.

:) Thats funny, I had a day like that too. I was pouring a cane with a new really large mold, after the water bath I went to pour the excess wax back into the pot, wasnt paying attention and missed the pot, wax went everywhere, including on one of my cats who was sleeping at my feet. It was awful. No burns but now she has a lot of bald spots where I had to cut the wax out of her fur. She will be getting a lot of treats these next few days to make up for it. Those BBQ grill brushes work really well at scraping wax off countertops too using the spatula looking side..