Laundry Detergent

southern.scents

He is probably selling, but I doubt if he is making money. A lot of his prices seem really low, even for the dubious quality. Some people think if they are getting back what they are putting into it, and making the occasional $, that they are millionaires in the making. Unfortunately it's not that easy.

I wish it were that easy lol! I think I have spent more money on advertising, sending out samples, participating in swaps and creating fillers for other businesses to help promote mine. My orders for product have not even hit that amount that I have spent on the above, not to mention the amount spent on purchasing and testing new product...will I ever see an income?? I'ts a good thing I like what I do lol!:D

Angi

I'll check into that. I don't think it will be a big problem. If it sells good, and that becomes a problem I will just go to the company and get permission if possible.

This is the line that cracked me up! LOL! I'm someone that's all for bases (I'd be a hypocrite if I weren't ... :D), but buying from a big company, and then deciding to ask for permission later? HAH! He doesn't need to worry about Jane down the street suing him, he needs to worry about Tide (or whoever he's buying detergent from) suing his ass off! As much fun as the saying is (better to ask for forgiveness than seek permission), it won't protect you from a company like this.

Unless a company is selling a base that is intended for resale, it's completely unethical to take it, repackage it, and sell it as your own. It'd be like going down to Bath & Body Works, squeezing their lotion into a different bottle, slapping a label on it, and saying you made it yourself. Even if the original company never finds out, it screams unprofessional and unethical for you. And if you'd be willing to fudge on something like that, then I'm terrified to think where else you'd cut corners.

This is NOT a case in which you ask for permission after the fact. If you intend to sell this, get permission before you sell a single ounce.

This is the line that cracked me up! LOL! I'm someone that's all for bases (I'd be a hypocrite if I weren't ... :D), but buying from a big company, and then deciding to ask for permission later? HAH! He doesn't need to worry about Jane down the street suing him, he needs to worry about Tide (or whoever he's buying detergent from) suing his ass off! As much fun as the saying is (better to ask for forgiveness than seek permission), it won't protect you from a company like this.

Unless a company is selling a base that is intended for resale, it's completely unethical to take it, repackage it, and sell it as your own. It'd be like going down to Bath & Body Works, squeezing their lotion into a different bottle, slapping a label on it, and saying you made it yourself. Even if the original company never finds out, it screams unprofessional and unethical for you. And if you'd be willing to fudge on something like that, then I'm terrified to think where else you'd cut corners.

This is NOT a case in which you ask for permission after the fact. If you intend to sell this, get permission before you sell a single ounce.

Won't work. This person has been told numerous times to do research BEFORE selling product, all to no avail. What a waste of everyone's time and energy trying to set him straight. He obviously just does not care.

With all the tales of this new "product" or that "new" detergent just how long is it going to take for one of these big manufacturers to "hear" about the goings on & slap a law suit on SS.

I'd tread very carefully if I were him/her.

SS, I'm all for entrepeneurship (if thats a word) but if you want to make your millions it just might be a better idea not to get sued for millions before you achieve your goal.

Sally.

I applaud the enthusiasm of this 16 yr. old, but he needs to take in the reigns a bit and slow down and stick to one thing that is perfected and then move on to the next. Too many irons in the fire. From my experience in the soap isle...there is a WIDE variety of fragranced laundry detergents to choose from, why anyone would buy from a kid messing in the kitchen...remains to be seen 'cause it looks like he's not gonna take no/not possible for an answer. Oh well, gives everyone a little chuckle.