Problems with Cinnamon Bun Candle burning.

Hi all

I am having some major issue with my Cinnamon Bun candles burning right.

I use the standard Golden Harvest Pint size mason jar and a zinc core wick. I want to wick up one size but right now I'm using the largest size my supplier carries locally so I need to have some larger ones shipped in.

Here's the problem~ I pour my candles all the way up through the throat (threads) of the jars. The candle does fine through the throught burning and it takes about 1-1/2 hours to reach a full melt pool. It will burn totally clean until it reaches the shoulders of the jar and then the wick struggles and there is quite a bit of hang up.

I use a wick for four inch wide jars to insure that the candles burn clean. I also use the E-Z wick setter to insure my wicks are properly centered.

I have nearly 75 scents and NO other scent does this. Even the heavier oils like Amish Harvest or Vanilla have this problem. I add no additives either and my wax is C-3 straight.

The throw is excellent but the burn is very poor so I need the next size of zinc wick but I don't know what size I would order nor where.

I've never, in all the years of making candles, have I had this issue. I thought it was the oil so I switched to Peaks and I still have the problem.

I want to stay with the zinc core wicks as well.

Thanks for advice,

Fire

I'm having the same problem, straight sided jar with Cinnamon Stick. Burns fine for the first 2-3 hours and then chokes! I haven't tried wicking up, don't even know if they make a cotton bigger than 62C which is what I used. I was going to try the CD20's in this fo only to see if it would do better.

Just wondering it isn't the colourant is it? We had issues a few yrs. ago with Cinnamon Stik, blamed the fragrance but in the end it was the deep colour of brown that we trying to achieve using both liquids and chips that were causing the bad burn. Now that we use powders we have eliminated the problem.

We were colouring them a very deep dark gingerbread colour.

Just a thought.

Wendy

Yes I do use color~ but it's not an exteamly dark brown.

I can add cinnamon to other scents as a mixer and I don't have a burn problem with those.

As I said, the throw is AWESOME but I can't get it to burn right and I have a huge show in 3 weeks!

I can try pouring it a lighter color or no color and see if it helps but I still think I need to wick up.

Just need to find the next size zinc wick.

Fire

Fire-

I know you want a zinc wick, but with three weeks.... CD 20 may perform better! I have been using it in my GH 16 jars for about a year and swear by them. Hope to help! Let me know if you need a supplier bc I have a supplier on Ebay who is awesome!

Violet

Yes I do use color~ but it's not an exteamly dark brown.

I can add cinnamon to other scents as a mixer and I don't have a burn problem with those.

As I said, the throw is AWESOME but I can't get it to burn right and I have a huge show in 3 weeks!

I can try pouring it a lighter color or no color and see if it helps but I still think I need to wick up.

Just need to find the next size zinc wick.

Fire

Fire and Ice ... what wick size are you using?

To be honest, I really don't know because of the way my craft shop labels them. They are know as a W-4 but that's to say the mesurement of the mouth of the jar. It's the largest wick the sell.

When I get some wax in, I plan to pour the candle with 1/4 the colorant. Just a tester. I now know it's not the oil because I had this issue last year with Cin Bun and so I switch to Peaks. I'm very glad I did but the problem is still there so Ir's the wick or the color.

Since the color is easier for me to try, I 'll certainly try that first.

Seems funny that Cinnamon Carmel Latte can use the same wick and burn fine and it's a much thicker oil!:tongue2:

I been making soy candles for seven years now but I alays have something new to learn here. Even a newbie and teach me something!:yes: :yes: :yes: :wave: That's why I love these boards, and all of you who come here!

Fire

To be honest, I really don't know because of the way my craft shop labels them. They are know as a W-4 but that's to say the mesurement of the mouth of the jar. It's the largest wick the sell.

Call Bolek's and ask what size it is, he has told me the gel wick sizes before ..those are HTP's by the way. The CW's are paper but I don't know the sizes. Although I do know that the wick you are using is a torch! My guess is that it is a 60p or 62P.

Call Bolek's and ask what size it is, he has told me the gel wick sizes before ..those are HTP's by the way. The CW's are paper but I don't know the sizes. Although I do know that the wick you are using is a torch! My guess is that it is a 60p or 62P.

:D How are you, Amish Ragdoll? LOL! I use the 4s because when I tried the 3s they weren't cleaning up the wax on the sides of the jars! Even when I was burning them for ten hours or so. I figured it would catch up but it never did.

Yeah, I'll ask Chris. When I called, I got his son or someone who didn't know.

But I will try backing off the color first and pray that that is the problem!

Fire