Soap DISASTER!!!!! Need help please

dirtybirdsoaps

I was so excited to get a chance to soap today (CP) and kept having problems with my lye, finally I worked that problem out and for the first time my soap seized on me :cry2: I tried to move quick but it was too late. I kinda globbed some of it in my log molds and milky way molds but after that it was stuck! I even broke a spoon trying to get this stuff out. Never done a rebatch, so I have no clue on how to do that and I didn't know if there was something I could do now or if I had to wait a couple days to try it. Any advice would be great. Thanks

I kept having a problem with the lye not completely dissolving. I dont know what it was because Ive made soap out of this batch of lye before and there was no problems. Also the recipe I was using was the same that I used last weekend. I started having problems before I even added the F.O. (backwoods honey gingerbread) It traced incredibly quick. The only difference was that I forgot to turn the burner off so when the oils and lye were mixed it was heated for like 10 seconds. On backwoods website it says they didnt have any problems with it, Im just thinking I did something wrong. I didnt even get to mix the fo well as you can tell by the pics. Sorry if the pics are messed up this is the first time adding pics on here. Thanks for any advice. Oh and I mixed at 100.

[ATTACH]13074[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]13075[/ATTACH]

post-6556-139458433944_thumb.jpg

post-6556-139458433948_thumb.jpg

Holy hannah, I had a batch that seized on me last night but nothing like you went through :confused: . Mine was fine until I put in the FO which I had never used before and it traced sooooooooooooo fast.... and once I managed to get the stuff into my moulds it heated up REALLY FAST and I thought, oh oh..... but I managed to unmold and cut and they are okay and the scent is wonderful, is called "Orient". I am about to attempt another batch with an FO I bought from the same place which I have never used as well so I am prepared for it to go really quick on me too. I think I will use the whisk just to be on the safe side.

I don't think you will be able to re-batch that and it sounds like a problem with the lye solution, not the FO.

Holy hannah, I had a batch that seized on me last night but nothing like you went through :confused: . Mine was fine until I put in the FO which I had never used before and it traced sooooooooooooo fast.... and once I managed to get the stuff into my moulds it heated up REALLY FAST and I thought, oh oh..... but I managed to unmold and cut and they are okay and the scent is wonderful, is called "Orient". I am about to attempt another batch with an FO I bought from the same place which I have never used as well so I am prepared for it to go really quick on me too. I think I will use the whisk just to be on the safe side.

I don't think you will be able to re-batch that and it sounds like a problem with the lye solution, not the FO.

Thats what I was thinking, but Ive made a batch last weekend out of the lye I used today :undecided

How did the microwaving fare for you?

I have never tried that. But I soap stone cold, always. So trace is never quick for me. Are those large batches? Personally, I'd toss them. Here is a tidbit for you. When I was at the CNY Soapers Gathering, they did a demo on soaping. A large batch. The soap started seizing quickly. So the person doing the demo asked for a pitcher of cold water and kept stickblending. She didn't measure, just kept adding water while stickblending till the raw soap was pourable and smooth. She posted a pic of the finished soap on the Yahoo group, and it looked smooth and creamy after it gelled. I am sure the FO strength at the very least would be much weaker. But it worked in a pinch.

How did the microwaving fare for you?

I have never tried that. But I soap stone cold, always. So trace is never quick for me. Are those large batches? Personally, I'd toss them. Here is a tidbit for you. When I was at the CNY Soapers Gathering, they did a demo on soaping. A large batch. The soap started seizing quickly. So the person doing the demo asked for a pitcher of cold water and kept stickblending. She didn't measure, just kept adding water while stickblending. She posted a pic of the soap on the Yahoo group, and it looked smooth and creamy after it gelled. I am sure the FO strength at the very least would be much weaker. But it worked in a pinch.

I tried it, but I think I'll have to pitch this batch :cry2: Owell I guess. I'll have to give this scent another shot next weekend. I just can't figure out what went wrong.