First batch ever that seizes up on me

MBShafeena

Boy, that sure wasn't fun...never had that happen to me before. Should be interesting to see how they turn out. I managed to get in one mold and then the remainder into the second mold :angry2: . It sure heated up (jelling) FAST. It must be the fragrance I used. I bought it today here in Ottawa and the girl told me it was great in soaps :confused: . I love the scent though, it's called "Orient", now lets hope it turns out, keep your fingers crossed. The oils I used were crisco, coconut, avocado, olive and coco butter and superfatted with sweet almond oil. It should be a nice lathering/conditioning bar, now we wait and see. Keep your fingers crossed for me please.

I feel your pain! The one and only time I had a seizure like that was with Tony's Stress Relief, which my daughter claimed as her 'favorite' soap scent, so I went ahead and bought a pound.

I almost DIDN'T get it in the mold! I found that if I warm the FO a bit before adding it to my oils, it goes a lot smoother!

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out!

If you decide to try this one again, don't use the stick blender. Add the FO to the oils and stir well. Add the lye and and stir with a spoon or whisk. You **may** just find that it's manageable.

I had a certain fragrance that I had to soap for an order. After the first one seized with the SB, I found the whisk did the trick and the future batches were just fine.

e