Need Ideas on different ways to make tarts

Short and Sweet!

Need some ideas on some "cool" tarts, i'm tired of making tarts in the way too popular flower shaped or whatever it's called.

I spoke with a guy today who said he uses plastic cups, not sure exactly what he meant. Also just tried the foil wrapper, well they are nice but i hear they get messed up easy.

Need Ideas! :D

Short and Sweet!

Need some ideas on some "cool" tarts, i'm tired of making tarts in the way too popular flower shaped or whatever it's called.

I spoke with a guy today who said he uses plastic cups, not sure exactly what he meant. Also just tried the foil wrapper, well they are nice but i hear they get messed up easy.

Need Ideas! :D

He may have been talking about the portion cups...some folks make them in those and they come w/ lids, I believe.

There are lots of things you could use. Votive molds, ice cube trays, silicone molds, dessert molds, cooking pans with shapes from Bed bath beyond, candy molds, small soap molds etc. A lot of places like Target or Wal-Mart sell silicone molds for special holidays, or little muffin molds.

I agree with these. I LOVE living close to bed bath and beyond, I could spend all day in that place and everything I look at in the kitchen area is a potential "can I put wax in it" lol. My husband will even look at things and ask if it can. I was at the dollar store yesterday and bought some ice cube trays, those work well. And I also love candy molds, I make either pink or blue bears for baby shower favors, hearts for valentines day, things like that. Candy molds are very inexpensive and there are so many possiblities out there using them.

I'm with you kforbs -I refuse to buy the scalloped tart tins.

At least so far. :undecided I'm determined to stay creative. I think if I had accounts or sold at shows I'd definitely offer them, but until then I don't mind taking a bit more time to make a unique tart. Some things I have done and really like to do is to use the mini muffin tins. You can make them look like little cakes, or custards and even go so far as to embed them with smaller wax tarts.

Somewhere I have seen leaf tarts for the fall, anyone know where I might find a mold for them? I haven't seen them in any stores around here, like for candy or anything.

TIA,

Shari

There is a guy on ebay who makes and sells tart molds in the shape of leaves,bears and a bunch of other shapes. Regina :D

I know of a lady who makes little balls out of the wax and puts the balls in a mason jar and calls themsnowman poop and the brown ones are moose poop! LOL! It;s pretty creative and there is no investment in molds! You already have the jars! HTH!:D

Kimmeroo

I just strated making them and I bought the red silicone cupcake/muffin cups at walmart to use for around $8.00 for a dozen. They pop out real easy. When completed the tarts look like Reeses Peanutbutter cups. Not sure that would be much different from the flower shape. Also Wallyworld has the silicone pans that are for tiny muffins. Those are smooth sided and would be cute for mini tarts.

Kim

I know of a lady who makes little balls out of the wax and puts the balls in a mason jar and calls themsnowman poop and the brown ones are moose poop! LOL! It;s pretty creative and there is no investment in molds! You already have the jars! HTH!:D

\

Kimmeroo

so how do you get the ball shape without using a mold?