Yet ANOTHER supplier rant!

beau's mama

I'm so M^$#@*!%&$ING pissed of I could stick a fork in someone's neck :mad:

I had my shopping cart filled to capacity so I could take advantage of the "Flat Rate" shipping...just did it last night. I was too tired to complete it so I was leaving it for today. Well, I just went to complete my order (even was going to add a donation to Autism!) & wondered why my cart amount was so high. I checked & realized that the slim lip tubes that were 6.25 for 48 suddenly doubled in price to 12.50 :shocked2:...in less than 24 damn hours! I'm all for the "prices are subject to change w/ o notice" crap, but damn, double? Yeah, so much for "understanding" the small customer needs! They do have very good prices for the most part, but geez they drive me crazy with " we'll sell you this cheap, but we won't ship it FR" or "we'll mark thes oils 20% off, but you'll pay out the wazoo for everything else" Argh!

I hadn't ordered from them since January when they pulled the ole bait & switch w/ the FR shipping. I thought maybe I was over-reacting, so I was ready to give em' another chance. HAH! All I'm ready to give them now is HELL!:mad: :mad: :mad:

What Stupid Punks!

Man, WSP sure does get a lot of bad press. HA HA..... :tongue2:

I've had things double in my cart on a few suppliers sites. I do buy less and less from WSP these days. Ever since they implemented that 6.95 shipping and a sitewide price increase, they get much less of my mad money.

But my WSP fairie will be here in November, so I will load up on things I don't need. No shipping $$ works for me.

I actually belong to their 2 yahoo groups and on the business one someone had mentioned the outrageous shipping. Needless to say, the company owner shut that thread down very quickly lol! Also on the other group you can not mention ANY other supplier in any thread no matter what. It rather cracks me up because they go on and on about well wsp hosts this so you need to be respectful...it's a FREE yahoogroup lol! If anything, I would expect Peak's to be that way with this board because it is something that isn't free.

Ah well. I do use them but try to stay in the range to get the cheaper shipping.

Angi

Dayyyyng -- I've never had that happen, doubling while it is sitting in the cart. Ouch.

There definitely is a certain amount of hooplah over WSP and the shipping prices. It sporadically pops up. It seems the underlying question is do they make a profit on inflated prices, not charging real shipping. Has anyone ever found this out, though?

I've had time to sleep on this...thinking maybe I was over-reacting once again...NOT! I'm still mad as hell.:mad: :mad: :mad:

I just don't get them. Does the owner realize that they could potentially be THE top supplier out there? They have pretty much everything you need. Small biz & hobby crafters like me can buy in low quantities at good prices...until you get to that shipping & sudden 100% price increases. I still think the FR shipping is a good idea, but completely useless if they are steadily increasing prices 100 fold! Geez, you can't even order 1 lone surplus item to test without it rolling over into that over-inflated shipping! At the very least they could allow 1 surplus item per order & still allow you to take advantage of the FR shipping.

Sara, my uneducated guess is yeah, they make a profit on inflated prices. I guess it balances out the "bargain" shipping :undecided . If you remember, when they started the FR shipping, pretty much all the prices changed. Some prices went down, but some went up over 80%!

I understand companies are in biz to make a profit, I can respect that. What I can't respect is sudden 100% price increases! Lord knows what else went up 100% in less than 24 hours!

They are just a freakin' joke! And it's really sad.

And Scented, I do feel violated LOL! I sent an e-mail on Wed asking if the slim lip tubes had a flat enough bottom to stand up b/c it didn't look like it in the pic. CS called me on Thurs to say yes, they do. Thurs night they go in the cart...Fri evening they double! I guess maybe I shouldn't have asked about them. :undecided At least she could have told me to order now...we're increasing prices in less than 48 hours. THAT would have been good CS!

I order & pour 10 or 12 of their FOs. I get them off the Fragrance Website & always order 2#ers or more. Free shipping but I wonder how old they are? One of the VS dupes turns a dark color when it gets old and the last time I ordered, the FO I got was as dark as what I had sitting on my shelf from 2 yrs before. I always test a new shipment as soon as I get it. So far, OK, but scarey!! Carole

All I know is that I am so glad I'm across the country from them and have never been tempted to order from them. I hate it when I get hooked on a wonderful FO or product, then have to suffer through crappy customer service to actually get it again down the road.

All I know is that I am so glad I'm across the country from them and have never been tempted to order from them. I hate it when I get hooked on a wonderful FO or product, then have to suffer through crappy customer service to actually get it again down the road.

Yeah, makes me even madder that they are a state away from me!

UGHHHH! They have really got my goat this time!

I placed my first order with them a few days ago and stayed within the $25 range so I can take advantage of their "Flat Rate" shipping. I hadn't known about their site until I did an extensive search for an item I was looking for...and they had it. Yes, it's unfortunate to read that they border on poor ethics because, it's true, they could very well be a primary supplier to many! I'll tread careful when I order from them again...

:tiptoe:

Tizimarezie

When I had my cart full, I was under $25. I had $35 to spend w/ them & that was more than enough to get what I needed AND pay for the FR shipping. The problem came when they doubled up on the price of the tubes (those bastards! LOL)

Just remember, if it's at a great price & it's in your cart, complete your order right away...b/c the prices can double at the blink of an eye!

Some of their items are much more costly than other sites but overall they have a great selection, so I keep them as one of my suppliers for containers, etc. Plus they are now 15 minutes away from me. I don't know how customer service is on the phone or whatever, but via email and in person they are a great bunch of ladies that pretty much hop to it whenever I need anything. They know me by name once I walk in the door, lol!

The 100% price increase is surprising though. I know sometimes when something is surplus it is really cheap and then once they sell out and replace it with something that might look very similar the price does increase dramatically. Heck, maybe its worth giving them a call and asking exactly why the price increased like that. Maybe it was a mistake......:confused:

Sorry your experience was a bit hectic, whenever I feel as if I have been wronged I pick up the phone and dial and ask questions. Maybe if you tell them you had them in your cart yesterday and they were a different price maybe they will honor the cheaper price...