Lurkers beware!

Georgia

I knew I should never have peeked over here! I confess, I have been admiring everyone's handiwork and now look...I went and bought a knitting loom. It's my first piece and I know it's not very good, but I want to show this as a warning to all other lurkers in this section! It could suck you in, too! Beware!

ps the model is way cuter than the hat.

post-210-139458433917_thumb.jpg

GREAT JOB!!! Aren't those looms addictive? I am almost done with a pumpkin I am knitting. I am going to felt him up today and start on the stem later. (p.s. in case you are interested I am using the green knitting loom, and orange wool yarn.) I used two strands as one because it was a thinner yarn, and used a basic "e" wrap stitch. (just like the hat stitch) I am going to use the open end as the bottom, and sew it closed, because my cast on looks horrible anyway LOL. The working end I will use a gathering bind off. Then later that is where I will add my loomed and stuffed stem. I've heard you can stuff these guys before felting, but I am afraid to. You can actually put heavy items in the bottom such as a small bag of sand and make it a doorstop too. I will post pics if you would like! (I'm such an enabler! :whistle: ) If you would like more patterns/tips/etc. I HIGHLY recommend the book by Isela Phelps called "The Loom Knitting Primer". I bought mine off of Crafter's Choice and am so thrilled I did! I refer back to it constantly, it is a really good guide with clear instructions and good pictures too. I hear Isela is working on another book, too, and can't wait to get that one! :yay: Have fun looming!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Candelishis

Last winter my best friend had a baby girl, and I made her a hot pink hat and a baby scarf!!! LOL...We decided that a baby scarf was not very practical, persay, but if she was anything like her mom, that wouldn't matter because it was sooo cute!!