Paraffin Blend Tarts?

sunnie

I have noticed that most people tend to use soy or soy blends for tarts, is there a specific reason not to use paraffin in tarts? With tarts I am very concerned with hot throw and I have noticed that some of my scents just do not throw well in the soy blend I am using. I am looking at trying out Comfort Blend wax because of the ability to hold so much FO, or possibly even blending my own wax. Of course another advantage is using this blend as a good container wax!

I would love advice or info from anyone that has used a paraffin blend for tarts! :)

I have noticed that most people tend to use soy or soy blends for tarts, is there a specific reason not to use paraffin in tarts? With tarts I am very concerned with hot throw and I have noticed that some of my scents just do not throw well in the soy blend I am using. I am looking at trying out Comfort Blend wax because of the ability to hold so much FO, or possibly even blending my own wax. Of course another advantage is using this blend as a good container wax!

I would love advice or info from anyone that has used a paraffin blend for tarts! :)

I have been using 4630 for tarts lately and it throws well. I have also mixed some 4630 with my soy GB 415 and it works well too. The 4630 is a soft wax but when done in clamshells or portion cups it's not bad to work with.

A re-pour after the initial pour hardens a bit: I save a tad bit of the wax in my melting pot, re-heat it to hot, and pour up to the tops of the molds- in my case mini muffin pans- then slow cool, I just put a box over the pan... sounds worse than it is, really, it's no big deal to me...

I like the fact that my tarts are HARD, not crumbly hard, but not greasy or soft, they hold up well in their pacakging, and their throw is phenomenal! :D

I just started making some tarts myself. I'm practice (playing) using the wax from burned candles that got too low to burn anymore, but still smell awesome. Making them for myself to learn with. This container wax I used 6006, J223 and CB Advanced Soy when I made these container candles does seem a bit too soft for tarts. Can you all tell me point blank which is the wax I should use to make tarts that aren't too soft. I haven't worked with any other harder waxes yet. Thank you in advance! :)

Kim

Hi guys/gals,

I use the 6028. It's a para/soy blend. I get the hot throw and FO percentage of a parrifin, but the soft creamy look of the soy. But it's not too creamy that you can't get bold colors. I just did butt naked tarts the other day for some of my mom's friends and colored them bright fushia! Thought they would get a kick out of it. Anyway, they did, but the fushia was really bright like it should have been. I added maybe a smidge more than I normally would in parrifin. But I love the 6028 in pillars as well. No frosting like soy, and awesome hot throw of the parrifin. Would definitely reccomend it to anyone, at least to try some.

HTH,

Shari

I have always wondered that myself, why there are so many tarts made of soy? Since you are not burning them the whole soy is better than paraffin argument is mute.

I use paraffin votive wax. I tried the votive soy and it was soooo brittle, can't use container really, but i never tried soy pillar wax.

Why mix container and paraffin when you can just use votive wax.