Is it true that FO's....

candlesbyMe

Loose some of their scent when color is added to parafin wax?

I have heard conflicting statements reguarding this and wanted to consult the "pros" here~:D

I heard that if you color your candles it takes a %of your scent away and you basically have to add a little more than u normally would if you did not color them... IS THIS TRUE???

Thanks much for this bit of info...

Jenni

p.s. I am talking about BOTH liquid dye and colorblocks/ flakes.. so send on some info you have for either one.:D

Never heard of this in all the years I've been making candles. You add such a minute amount of (liquid/chips, etc.) dye per candle, that your % of FO added doesn't change.

Only the Pryme dyes are based on overall percentages, which need to be weighed along with FO's and wax.

The only thing remotely close to this theory, that I have heard about is that sometimes your color- usually if it's too much- can clog your wick... thus less or no scent throw. Raising your % would not compensate. At least... I wouldn't think, lol.:confused: But the simple and common act of coloring it, is not the base of the problem in that case.