GB 464 Wick Suggestions

I am going into totally new territory. I am testing a new wax and wicks.

Golden Brands wax is a lower price than my CB135. If I can get comparable or better results than with CB135 it would be worth the change.

I have searched on the board and googled for suggestions on wicking. I found that the majority of people who use this wax like the CD wick series. Below is a chart I compiled from several wick charts to start testing. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated. This may also help others who are testing this wax.

I am starting with the middle wick suggestions. I will go up or down from there.

Wax~GB464

Wicks~CD

FO~7-8%

Click on image for chart

[ATTACH]13053[/ATTACH]

post-3991-139458433884_thumb.jpg

Hey there neighbor!! I am testing the 464 too. I just poured my first tester today.

8oz jelly jar /6oz wax and .4 Mistletoe from CS/ CD 12 wick (I hope that is right I dont have a CD10) No color....waiting till tomorrow evening to light it.

tootie

call Jessica at Wick It her number is 866-394-2548. She has the perfect wicks for all of the GB waxes.

Jason

Are these the priemer 700 series wicks?? I tried testing them but there were just too many sizes to choose from. I will call her though....maybe she can narrow down the choices!! Thanks Jason.

I love this wax!! I poured last night and the candle set up BEAUTIFUL!! I will be testing it today sometime....

tootie

Why? Several vendors (Candlewic included) will send you sample packs of various wicks just for the purpose of testing ;)

Ronnie

I know even candle science has a test pack of ECO's but since DBF has been job shopping, he was looking at opportunities in Oregon and Tenn. Looks like TN is the winner so a move to Chattanooga area looks like it will happen sometime before Thanksgiving.:D

I just dont want alot of stuff to move right now. I have some candles to make for a few close customers and soy clamshells to make for a SWAP:cool2: and that will be it for this year.

tootie

OK I lit mine at 12:00 (couldnt wait any longer...:o ) It is burning beautiful right now. It has almost a full melt pool and almost to the edge of the jar. :D

i will let it go till 3pm then i am going to put it out till about 5pm then I will light it again for 4 hrs.

Oh and the scent throw was AWESOME!! We live in a 14x80 trailer and I have the candle in the back bathroom (master) and I could smell it all the way to the LR!! So I can just imagine what they will be after they cure a few weeks!!:cheesy2:

tootie

Guest meredean

Hi, I too am getting ready to test this wax, I use gb435 (soy with cottonseed) right now and the scent throw is good but I hate the chunky looks after it is burned, I also tried cbadv and the candle was beautiful creamy and smooth but there was no scent throw at all.... A lady from a candle company said the 464 looks alot like the cbadv but with a great throw so hopefully that is true... Has anyone compaired the 2? 435 & 464 just wondering which 1 they thought was better? Good luck with your testing! Hope to hear how its going....Mere

Hi, I too am getting ready to test this wax, I use gb435 (soy with cottonseed) right now and the scent throw is good but I hate the chunky looks after it is burned, I also tried cbadv and the candle was beautiful creamy and smooth but there was no scent throw at all.... A lady from a candle company said the 464 looks alot like the cbadv but with a great throw so hopefully that is true... Has anyone compaired the 2? 435 & 464 just wondering which 1 they thought was better? Good luck with your testing! Hope to hear how its going....Mere

My 464 set back up smooth and creamy for me.

Guest meredean

Hi, I was just wondering how everyones testing was going? I got my wax last night and made some up today and the tops look soooo good! Not sure on the throw yet ,I got new oils for 2 places (they didnt smell to strong oob) but they were recomended by a few different ppl so hopefully they are good burning! I guess I shouldve gotten sample size:undecided

Here are some test results:

8oz Tin~CD14~Cozy Home(MC)

Great burn. Awesome hot and cold throw.

A very slight hang up first couple of burns.

Caught up in later burns.

8oz Sq. Mason~CD16~Tuscan Melon & Apricot(CS)

Great Burn. Needs a couple of days to cure.

Awesome cold and hot throw.

I like the CD wicks but do not get any better results than my RRD's.

Guest LightofDawn
Dawn,

thanks so much. Are they working good for you with the GB464?

Rae

I can't help you with the GB464, I use C-3 and I am still testing. I like the results I am getting with the Premier 700's and the CDN's. So far I would have to say I am favoring the 700's because they very rarely mushroom.

HTH

Dawn