Shipping Soap from US to Canada

LynnCo

I am just starting to sell my M&P soap. Does anyone know if there are any restrictions or custom forms that need to be filled out to ship a soap bar from US to Canada? It's just one bar and I would ship it first class mail.

I looked on usps.com and can't find much of an answer an thought it would be best to ask the experts! :D

The gal at the PO told me they are now using the regular flat rate envelopes for EVERYTHING including Canada, as long as you have the proper label on it.

Also, if you label the contents as a 'gift' no customs forms are necessary.

It was about 40-45 cents cheaper to print it online than buy it at the PO.

fill in the form online and checked off 'gift' then fill in what it is i.e. 'soap, fragrance' and no customs form was necessary.

Oh, only just noticed that you wanted to use first class mail, Lynn. I agree with jbren... use the flat rate envelopes!

I absolutely LOVE flat rate envelopes. I bought soapies from Chagrin Valley Craft and Ida sent them in a flat rate envelope. The best smelling envelope I've ever received, and only $11 and 5 days all the way from US to Malaysia! The soaps were only slightly dented but that was to be expected... her bars are 5.5-6oz, not much room for padding.

Garden of Wisdom sends me my smaller purchased goodies in them too :D