Colorants for scrubs and bubble bars and bath bombs, oh my?

bunkie68

I'd like to try adding some color to my scrubs, but I'm having a hard time narrowing down which ones might work best. There are so many choices out there! Which ones have you used that have worked for you and that you'd recommend to a relative beginner?

To rephrase: Do the Chemistry Store colors work with scrubs, bath bombs, etc.? The description said they weren't compatible with gel candles or oil-based products, and I'm wondering what exactly constitutes "oil-based". Scrubs have oils, as do bath bombs and bubble bars and lotions and most bath products. Has anyone used these for making scrubs, and did they work well? Thanks for any input!

I've used those colors from Chemistry Store mainly for m&p and every now and then I put a little in scrubs. Most of the time I just use some colored jojoba beads to give the scrubs a bit of color. I get those at Chemistry Store, too.

For no fail color with oil based products, I would suggest Wilton colors.

Use them sparingly! They are very concentrated. I have tried about every color system out there, these work the best, IMO. You can get them at Walmart in the crafters section.

http://www.sweetcakes.com/default.php?cPath=29

Second that in spades! I just dip a toothpick in the gel, dot it in a baggie of sugar & rub it around to get beautiful colored sugar which then goes into the scrub. Great stuff. I got mine at Coastal Scents.