Independent Sales rep

Vicky_CO

Independent Sales Reps are also along the lines of Direct Sales Reps. If you have a rep for say Pampered Chef or Mary Kay you may be able to see one of their Rep contracts to see how it works and maybe tweak it to fit your needs.

That is the only thing I can suggest because when I think of an Independent Rep I think of direct sales.

Angi

I have in the past been contact about both kinds ones where they want like Avon, PL, Watkins and ones where they want to be a rep that tries to get me in retail stores. I have shied away so far mainly because I don't know enough about either to make a wise decision.

If you go to the DSA website they have a publications area and there they have a dsa starter kit that you don't have to be a member of their community to receive. It pretty much has everything you would ever need to know about getting started in the direct sales area of business. I have not purchased it yet and the last time I checked it was $95 so not sure if it has gone up. I know I had to email to see if it was still available to non-members and they answered yes. They detail everything from contracts down to hostess incentives, rep prizes and contests and the legal side of that busines.

I would imagine a contract on the retail side of things (where you put your products in stores) would be that stores contract..not sure on that though.

Angi

For wholesale distributors - where the rep gets your products into stores we offer 15% of the wholesale price as commission. This is a common commission from what we found out in talking to several people we know.

The retail reps (party consultant types) we have set on a commission scale based on the dollar amount of their sales for the set period or party date. The more they sell the higher percentage they would get starting at 25% and up to 40% of the retail max.

Hope that helps a bit.

7% to 15% is common for "multi line reps".....If you want them more than they want you the rate will be higher...Also, in order to entice them to add and show your line, it is not uncommon in the short term to pay them a fee based on the work they do for you rather than a commission on sales....They may have 6 to 10 lines and with some buyers time is at a premium....This being the case they will show their well established lines and yours only if they have time.....If you pay them a fee regardless of sales, your line will move up the food chain.....Well established "multi line reps" often have suppliers lined up several deep waiting to get on board....