Massage Oil Recipes?

Lifelace

Hi guys! I was wondering if anybody has a good massage oil recipe? I'm mostly looking for a good unscented base oil blend that uses several types of oils. I tried to Google but just haven't found anything I liked. I have several oils on hand: Sweet Almond, Golden Jojoba, Apricot Kernel, Kuikui, Grapeseed, Olive, Rice Bran, Sunflower, Canola, Fractionated Coconut, Castor Oil. I really don't know anything about massage oils, a friend asked me to whip up a bottle! I also have Rosemary Extract and Vit. E, I need those to help prevent rancidity right? Any help would be great. Thanks! :)

Melany

Depends on how you'd like the massage oil to feel. How much slip and glide you'd like, whether you'd like it to stay on the skin longer or absorb rapidly, etc. It's a personal choice, really.

I'd suggest something that doesn't absorb too rapidly, so you'd have some decent time for a good rub (play?) yet not so heavy you don't get some good glide. FCO's great, doesn't stain sheets, it's got good glide, and it's pretty light. Maybe mix it with some avocado for a nutrient boost or some rice bran oil (AWESOME skin softener and unbelievably rich in vit E).

Additional vit E and ROE's good for delaying rancidity, yep. My massage blend is macadamia, avocado and rice bran - mac and rbo have pretty decent shelf lives as is, so I don't add extra vit E. If you're using straight FCO, it's pretty stable on its own as is.

Play around, see what you like!