More Soaps

dcroome2005

OK.. so I make ugly soap.. I will never be like any of you famous soap makers. Mine are just pure hideous to look at but ya know.. they are mine!!! All mine. LOL I won't be selling the soap to the left because I was just goofing around with hubby and we made it look really ugly. It is Sandalwood Rose. Smells great but since the color didn't turn out while we were mixing.. We decided to just fart around with it. UGLY SOAP CONTEST- I would win!!!

Middle- not that pretty but smells freaking awesome- Lavendar, Cucumber and Sage from Solas

Right is Apple Martini from FOH and I love love love this one. This is all mine when it is done curing. LOL

Picture026.jpg

Someone once told me to add a touch of blue to purple to help keep the purple ... (touch might be a pinch) ...

Unless it was a neon pink mica I never had good luck with them either. The ultramarine pink looks purple in my stuff lol. And as for a neon pink, well it started stinking.

And you're dissolving the micas in something like glycerin right?

I think they look Marvolous!! I have no luck with micas...oxides work better for me. But I lovelovelove Celestial colors .... my colors are so vibrant now! I have SS too and use them on occasion but definately prefer the Celestial ones.

Never tried Celestial colors. Have a website link?

Thanks everyone. I know they are horrible but at least no one will try to steal my pictures :D

Ya know.. I was told to dissolve it first and never have.. Maybe that is my issue here. LOL

I will try the touch of blue . Thanks a bunch Julie

Take your mica and add a bit of oil to it ...stir...then add the raw soap. Mixes much more evenly. I mainly use micas and have never had a problem with pinks....BLUES...now that is another issue...lol

we may have to have an ugly contest-because mine are UGLY!

and i do not have an official mold yet so mine are all super un-uniform!!

and to make matters even worse i may have to make a living selling them since I can't seem to get off the computer to study for my scarty test monday!!!

hee hee