Melts in Wrappers

kforbs126

minitarts.htmlWell this is the first time I'm trying my melts in a mini muffin wrapper. Just curious to see if people think this is tacky or what? I perfer the metal/silver wrappers compared to the white ones. Opinions very appreciated. Also they are Cinnamon Crunch and really strong!

TIA

Kristin

minitarts.html

minitarts.html

post-6389-139458433829_thumb.jpg

TACKY?? That's kind of strong. Just what kind of presentation do you like? Wondering cause I have used the foil for over 6 yrs. and have never heard a negative thing about them. Some may prefer something else but tacky.. :cry2:

Personally I think they look nice and it adds something then just being packaged plain, also keeps them clean and doesn't mess up the bag....anyways Sharon how do you package them?

I tried the foil cups way back when with the drawstring bags from KY Candle. MY personal experience is they are too easy to get dinged up and knocked around without a type of protective package. The foil comes off too easily and will also get mashed up. What can start out as a pretty presentation can go downhill quick.

I switched to the clamshells and souffle cups. I don't think I will ever use anything else. The harder packaging prevents all the ding ups.

How they hold up depends mainly on what type of wax you use and how much you handle them. I use a cello bag kind of like the zip lock one KY sells to wrap each one individually. Mine will not look good if they are touched too much but I use a softer soy wax. Have never had a tart fall out of the foil and maybe that's why. I would love to be able to find a different container to pour and keep my wax in, for a good price. But so far this is the cheapest for me. Molds are not an option because of the wax. I choose to use this wax because I think it throws better than anything else I have tried although it is a pain. I am always looking for something new but testing takes time and I don't have a lot. I also pour to the very top and that helps with the foil not getting smashed over and nasty looking. Would love to find a non absorbing paper container that did not leek and held exactly 1 oz. Maybe someday...

Ok people, i was crazy and threw these on ebay, had a credit coming, to see if they would sell, anyways I had a guy contact me wanting to whole from me if he liked my samples. He lives within an hour from me.

Anyways my cost on these are .16 each without packaging. I do buy my supplies in bulk except for my soy which really wouldn't alter the price that much unless i bought in a pallet(not going to happen)

He wanted to stay around .30 cause he currently buys for .40 and said that is too high for him.

Any opinions? I also posted this in the business side of things. Just need to know if this is a good idea or not, never done wholesaling just regular craft shows, friends, family, coworkers.

• 2 weeks later...
I get mine like that from Ky Candle Wax Supply. They also have drawstring bags that they can fit in as well if you want those. They are about half way down the page

http://www.kycandlewaxsupply.com/packaging.htm

I was just about to say the same thing..i also get mine there..the zip lock bags...i can put about 3 -1oz tarts in them. I think they are 4x6 size.