New Genwax Container Soy Blend

I was on their website today and noticed they have a new Soy Wax Container Blend. They come in 1lb bricks and have a MP of 127. hmmmm I may just have to pick a block or two up next time I am in there. I love testing new things.

Anyone else tried this new wax out yet, or anyone know if it is actually a different brand in disguise.

Hi Carrie, I just bought a case and poured some up the other night. It is a 50/50 blend. I did get some frosting and sink holes so I called today, recomm pouring temp is 150-160. I kind of figured I poured to hot so I'll check the temp next time. Gotta find my old thermometer, it's probably got spider webs on it, LOL. She said you can add 1% vybar 260 if you want it to look creamier or get any frosting. I did get a little frost but I didn't warm my jars and like I said I believe I poured to hot. Burn was great today, loved it! Nice and clean and melt pool was easier to achieve then I'm use too. Cold/Hot throw was good considering I didn't give much cure. Now throw everything out the window I just said. I don't normally burn the next day or give judgment of that but I made so many I thought I would sneak a peak. So far it has my interest!

I dedes, I have been testing various wicks with various jars. Zinc, Cotton, Hemp & LX. The first 3 do shroom and more depening on certain scents but burn great. Haven't noticed any sooting or issues. I need to track down my larger size LX, I've got a 24 in a 3" jar and it's just not cutting it. It was soooo cold here this morning, brrrrr. Please let me know your thoughts when you try it :D

Let me know how the CD's do for you. I had a big bag of wicks from everything under the sun and I am starting to wonder if I tossed it. hmmm. I emailed Genwax about the massive sink hole and this was the response!

It could be you are pouring the wax too hot. We suggest to pour around

145-150 degrees.

This will occur also with one pour waxes. We suggest to poke holes to

release any air pockets and re-fill the candle. it will best when the

candle is burning it will not drown the wick.

So the temp is getting lower, LOL. I will pour cooler again, may just be best to treat it as a repour wax I don't know. I'm in Cali too in the mountains, looks to rain soon. We are wearing our jackets here :shocked2:

Chat Soon!

• 6 months later...

I ordered this back when this thread first started.

It is a very hard wax (hard to believe it's 50% soy) and I got terrible frosting with it and a big dip in the middle. My batch pulled away from the jars completely. So much that the whole candle would come out of the jar on the skewer when I poked a hole for the test wick. It would also crack when I used the skewer. Not much throw either. I was not impressed...sorry :undecided

Thanks...all info is good to know even if it's bad reviews! I was going to pick some up when I get C3, but maybe not.

you may want to take adrive to Em Monte instead of North Hollywood. The Swans candle supply store is located at the ACCU warehouse. They sell ACCU-Soy, cheaper than C-3. I am testing it out now.

I had planned to go to Swan's last week, but after reading the reviews on the Accu-soy, I'm not so sure I want to even test it. At least I know the quirks with C-3 and have tested most of my scents already.

hmm, I havent read anything too bad about the accu-soy. I am testing it now and feel it is pretty simular as the C-3. I havent tested all my fragrances with it yet, but as far as appearence goes, its pretty nice.

• 2 months later...

So did you guys not try it then? I still have my case from sept, just had so much going on. I wonder if the batches will be consistent from box to box. I had pretty good throw results with mine. It does kind of have a strong soy smell to it that bugs me though.

I'm starting to fire up the kettle again. Can't seem to find my old notes if I tested the steric or not for the sink holes, hmmm. The wax I believe is a 127-128 mp so no it's not as soft as some waxes. But I believe that is what makes it burn so good. It's not so soft that it drowns the wick like a lot of soy waxes do. The texture reminds me a lot like the IGI 4786 same melt point only without the zillion wet spots. I've not had any cracking issues though I get the large sink holes pouring at the suggested temp. I did add 1% vybar to mine as stated for a creamier appearance. Still not sure if I want to mess with color or not. Anywayz.....