Joy Wax/IGI 6006

Hello- I have been using Joy Wax for several years now. Recently I had problems with Joy wax so I will not use it anymore. I am now testing IGI 6006. The cold and hot throw seems really good, having trouble finding the right wick but am waiting now to receive ECO wicks to try. Anyone else use IGI 6006 and have any input on it? For those that have had problems with Joy Wax, may I ask what you switched to? I think I would like stick with a soy/para blend.

Thanks-

Laura

Welcome!!:wave: I see you found your way over here. The best thing to do is to go to the search and type in IGI6006 or just 6006 and see what comes up. I know some on here were having MAJOR problems with the 6006 (enough to change my mind from ordering any right now)

You will like it here, lots of good info and LOTS of reading!!

tootie

Thanks Tootie for recommending this sight! I read enough on here today to make my decision firm about not purchasing Joy Wax. I was so relieved to read about others that have had the same problem and concerns that I had with Joy Wax. NG did replace my wax but I know if I get another bad batch they will not replace it again. Anyway, so here it is September and I am scrambling around trying to find a different wax to use and as you know it is just not that easy. I was also looking at getting new jars from the Jar Store so whatever wax I end up with needs to work in the Metro Jar. I searched IGI 6006 and 6006 on here before I posted and just didn't find that much information about it. Thanks again for the tip on this message board!

Laura

Big problems with IGI 6006. I have used it for over 5 years and a lot of us

got some bad stuff. If you can find old lots of it you are okay. I am trying to find a new container wax, so I am testing C-3 and GB 464. Good luck on your search.

You saw the posts about bad batches of the 6006 then?? I was going to test it till I saw that. I am not to familure with soyblends try KY's site they have a couple nice soy blends and I have read alot about the farmhouse 50/50 and there is Greenleafs 70/30 blend or if you are real brave you could try to mix your own....I dont use the Metro jar so I cant help ya there. maybe someone will have a suggestion??

tootie

Just search on "6006." or look at this http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57642 I used it for almost 5 yrs and when I tested a batch I bought in July, I found out I had really BAD wax. It burns very slow and collects a black goop around base of wick, especially bad in vanilla, heavy scents. It took 3 weeks and buying samples from many batches and testing each batch before I located a pallet plus 10 cases of unaffected (early) wax.

6006 is a great wax and I love it, but right now I would not buy any of the current batches available, this is from at least 7 companies I know of. IGI needs to fix it!!

Carole

I have been testing a sample (10lbs.) from BC and I love it! Of course the sample is NEVER the same as the case or pallet. How do I know if this is a new "fresh" batch or an old previous "good batch" I just don't want to place an order for cases and get the bad ones stuck in the middle. Do you know what I mean? Jeez, they make us candlemakers think to hard! I was really ready to place an order until I read this post. I really love this wax! Any word from a supplier of when a new batch will be available, if not already?

I don't know when the batches will return to normal. As far as I know, IGI hasn't even acknowledged the problem publicly or to their suppliers. That's what makes it so difficult to know what you're getting.

6006 has poured great for me for 5 years. If people try the bad batches and decide it's not for them, it's probably because they can't wick it. I use a small CD 7 or 8 in my 6 oz tins and if it takes a bigger wick, or wick slows down, then it's probably the wax. Not a simple answer for someone who is just starting with it. Carole

I got my 6006 sample from DPX/Morris Wax in KC. I found this wax place online somehow and that is all they do is sell many types of wax. The man I have been speaking with is Gary and he is really nice and knows his stuff. He spoke very highly of 6006 and said that is one of his best sellers. He qouted me a price of around 58.00 a case for 10 cases. Plus he is close to me so shipping is very reasonable. I made my first candles with it in a 16 ounce mason jar....one with a zinc wick and one with a CD wick. The candles smell really good(I used a NG Pumpkin Pie Spice) but there were quite a few wet spots...thought I would try to pour a little cooler to see if that helps. I poured at 180 with those two candles. I do preheat my jars. The zinc wick is working out better then the CD but I don't love it. I get smoking with the CD wicks in both the Joy Wax and the 6006. I also tried J223 with the CD and didn't like it there either. I am waiting on ECO wicks to try those. Maybe too much information but I thought I would share.

Laura

I do use two Zinc wicks in my 11 oz tureens 44-32 or 44-28. Just ask Gary about the wax. The bad batches I tested were 700375 to 700502. I tested 6 batches. The best idea is to test one slab (10#s) from the batch you are getting the 10 cases from. From now on, I will always do this. If I test 10#s & it's good, then I will buy cases from that batch. Carole

I just got a horrible 2 cases of Joy Wax from NG and when I called and spoke with Melissa, she was very cordial in stating that they had the previous wax back in and were sending me out the 2 cases immediately. She stated the wax may vary a small bit in consistency but she personally admitted that this particular wax which I received was horrible and was very apologetic. The 1 case I had prior to this incident was awesome and worked fantastic in my candles and with fo's. Good Luck to you no matter what you choose to do....:D

You saw the posts about bad batches of the 6006 then?? I was going to test it till I saw that. I am not to familure with soyblends try KY's site they have a couple nice soy blends and I have read alot about the farmhouse 50/50 and there is Greenleafs 70/30 blend or if you are real brave you could try to mix your own....I dont use the Metro jar so I cant help ya there. maybe someone will have a suggestion??

tootie

Tootie-

Ordered a slab of GL 70/30 yesterday. I hope I like it! I have read really great things about it. Thanks for the reccomendation! Also, Brenda was really nice to talk to.

Laura

Debra, Where did you purchase the 6006 from and what batch numbers are they? I am testing with this wax and I think I got a bad possibly. Wicks drowning out. Not even close to wicking the same as my J223. I want to try this wax for my tins rusting with J223. Thank you!

I am testing 6006 right now and it is leaving hang up on the jar, like little areas of wax slime. I have used zinc, CD and now Eco. The CD and Eco smoke some. The flame on the Eco and Zinc bounces around everywhere. The CD flame is nice and steady but once again it smokes. I use 1.5 ounce of scent per pound. Too much? I am fairly certain I have the wick sizes correct. ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, I think maybe I might just go back to J50. That was a good and consistant wax.