Font

becky0404

I'm trying to decide on a font for my labels (I don't like whatIpreviously used) and I need some opinions

:D . I'm going for a modern, clean lines look. Kind of simplish, KWIM? What one portrays that to you? Or if you have any other suggestions I'll take that too! Thanks!

1. scented

2. scented

3. scented

4. scented

5. scented

Unless people have all of these fonts installed on their computers they won't be able to differentiate between them. For instance, I can only tell that #5 is any different from the rest, 1-4 are all in a default arial font for me. If you could put the examples in Paint, or a photo editing program and save them as a .jpg or .gif file, everyone could see the fonts you are wanting us to compare.

Yep, now I see the differences, at first I was looking at them thinking they were all the same! LOL

I really only like the first one for what you're wanting (a clean, modern look), I don't like the all caps, and I really like 5th one (that's papyrus yes?) and the last one, but not for what you are looking to achieve. The last one is rather whimsical IMO.

I use the papyrus font on my labels for a sandalwood EO line, it just looks a little more exotic to me.

Hi there! I really like #1 and #2, nice and clean....the last 2 fonts (especially 5th one) I just see in soooo many places so they bug me. :) As a graphic designer I just wanted to remind you to make sure that any font you choose is approved for commercial use. :) You can't use most of the fonts you download for free on the net, alot of people don't know that. Alot of the fonts we all get on our computers like Arial, Times etc...are OK as well as those you buy off MyFonts. You CAN get quite a bit of free ones that are OK for commercial use though, like Ray Larabie's fonts. Even if the font says <<freeware>> you can't use it on commercial products unless it comes with a read-me file that says you can do whatever you want with it or you get it from the font designer's site and they say commercial use is ok! Good luck!

Melany

Not an opinion, BUT this site is great for looking at different fonts and how your name would look. YOu can type your name into the box and all the fonts will come up with that name :) Hope that's not to confusing. Anywho..here's the site:

http://www.myfonts.com/browse/keyword/elegant/?page=1

HTH

D

Love that site. I do painted furniture and this can be so handy to decide what font would look the best!!! Now I can just type in the word and scroll down!!

Thanks!

Here's a free font site:

http://www.1001freefonts.com/

Back on topic. I can't tell what type of font I would choose without seeing the type of label and container.

Ok, thank you everyone for all the opinions. I really, really appreciate it.I will work on my label and then post the two different fonts again ON the label. I don't sell (maybe someday) and I'm not even close yet. Heck, I can't even decide on which wax I like best!!!

I have gotten all my fonts from print shop...can you use those for commercial use? I have like a bazillion to choose from, those are just the ones that are the most "modern", "hip" looking.

I'll update you all once I've got the labels down. I have narrowed it down to at least the first two though, thank you!

I have gotten all my fonts from print shop...can you use those for commercial use?

You just have to be careful how your website is set up, if you plan on having one. There again, if it is just the font, it will only load if that font is on the computer looking at it. But if it's put in as a "picture" then it will load correctly regardless. Tried to explain this as simply as I could...same principle as loading it here...HTH!!