When changing things write it down!!

brydean

I learned a valuable lesson this week. When you are changing something in your recipe, in my case doubling it. Don't just go on memory WRITE IT DOWN!! I was just doubling the numbers in my head and must have forgot to double an oil. Ended up tossing a 5lb. batch. If I had written the doubled amounts down fist, I could have saved myself an expensive loss!

Just wanted to share!:D

Yikes!!! If I am not sure of a recipe, I go print out another one from Soapcalc!

Steph

My recipe wasn't my problem, my brain was the problem!:D

Tried and true recipe. I got a bigger mold so wanted to make a bigger batch. Decided to double my normal recipe. If it called for 6oz, I put in 12oz etc. But, I must have messed up somewhere and forgot to double.

I should have taken the time to rewrite or reprint it.

As weird as it might sound, when I do my MP soap I use one of those spiral cutesy journals to write my recipes in, plus I use one of those old marble composition books that I used for chem lab in high school to write teh "finished recipe" in.

Since I'm totally type A and control freakish, I also put the recipes on my computer which is auto backed to the web. (yes, I know nutty).

With three little ones under four underfood, I can't afford to depend on my memory!!!:cheesy2:

With three little ones under four underfood, I can't afford to depend on my memory!!!:cheesy2:

That's my problem! My 3 may have been in bed, but I tend to forget that I now have mommy brain! It should no longer be relied upon to remember more than if I actually took a shower today!:laugh2:

I have since gone to soap calc and just printed out the larger recipe!:D