For those of you who have turkey fryers

Do you remember what the brand was? I am also looking into purchasing one. I looked online at amazon, and they have one by Masterbuilt that looks nice (all stainless steel, with drain spigot). I looked at Walmart but all they had was a cheap one with no spigot.

There was a great thread a while back where members shared the brands, etc. You could try a search for it...:)

Aha... only took a moment... that search tool is a great thing... there are several threads, but this was the long one I was remembering...

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45054&highlight=turkey+fryer

The one I saw I think was made for Bass Pro. The master built ones look nice, but the one I saw was online at target for $119 and then the shipping is $39.00. We are going by a Bass Pro this weekend and if I can save that kind of shipping I would like to. The one at Bass pro is $99 and has the spigot.

If my memory serves me correctly, they are all made by MasterBuilt. The one at Bass Pro is a little smaller than the Surf 'n Turk and was made by MasterBuilt for them exclusively. I think it is still big enough, just make sure it has a thermostat and a drain spout. Carole