Question?

I had votive/pillar wax left in my pot after pouring and I needed my pot so I poured it into a glass hexagon jar I had and it adhered to the glass great so I thought I would go ahead and do a repour very small amount needed to see how it would end up and it looks fine can't see if it will burn or not because of course I didnt have a wick in it.Was wondering does anyone use votive/pillar for containers and how would the burn/melt pool be if it had a wick?

HI there, Usually pillar/votive wax(IGI-4625) will shrink after cooling and pull away from the jar,,,But you can always try putting a wick in and see what happens,,, test it,,,dont forget to write down in your notebook what happens,,HtH:D

Oppsss forgot to add Pillar and votive wax is a wee bit harder then container wax so its not used for containers.

Yes It is harder than container wax but looks really nice in the jar,no shrinkage and no wet spots either , I think I will pour into another jar I have a use a wick.Would be great to be able to use the same wax for the votive/pillars and containers.Saves Money!Thanks for your reply.

Yes It is harder than container wax but looks really nice in the jar,no shrinkage and no wet spots either , I think I will pour into another jar I have a use a wick.Would be great to be able to use the same wax for the votive/pillars and containers.Saves Money!Thanks for your reply.

Your welcome!! Let us know how it works out for you!! Good Luck!!:D

If it's pillar wax, you will have a hard time getting a full melt pool. I accidentally poured some into both jars and tins once and ended up using them for myself and family as they left 1/4" of unmelted wax around the edge. Wicking up may solve that, but my thought is that it would get the glass too hot by the time you wicked up enough. Votive wax being a blend of container/pillar, may work out ok.