I AM THRILLED, woohoo

MBShafeena

THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I am truly thrilled with these as I was truly worried last night. I made them really late last night and when I was super tired. By the time I was done and they were in the mold it was 1 a.m. and I knew I couldn't take the chance and go to bed and miss getting them out of the mold if they went rock hard really fast, like my other batches did. So I stayed up and waited and waited, my eyes were closing watching t.v. at 2. a.m. and I checked them and nothing much was happening :undecided and I thought oh oh! There were hot but soft so I thought well I am going to get SOME sleep and hopefully wake-up in an hour or so and check again. I find when I use Lavender EO in soap making that it doesn't behave like other EOs, it's SLOW and I guess last night proved that to me again. So I went to bed and woke up at 3:40 and went and checked on them and thought I best remove them from the wood log mold, which I did. They were still hot but at least harder so I placed them on a cutting board and put parchment back over the block and put a blanket on top and went back to bed. I woke up at 6 a.m and THEY WERE PERFECT and I cut them and I DANCED, lol. I am so happy the way they turned out. Now I will wait and test them and hope they are as nice in the bath as they appear to be in looks. You see this batch was very important to me because I want to make 135 of these for Christmas and send them to a nursing home where my uncle<s wife works - she is a nurse (135 women residents) and I want to secretly send these before Christmas to all the residents and put them in organza bags from SANTA! :D . Many of these ladies do not get many visitors and I want to make them smile a bit more... so in a few weeks when I test these and if the green light appears, well, will be making some LARGE batches of these.... I am so excited!!!! I love playing SANTA :) :smiley2:

Those are beautiful!

Awww that is so sweet of you to play Santa for those ladies-I'm sure they will appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Not sure about giving older ladies salt bars though, as I know most of their skin is so thin, I'd worry about that.

My MIL has super thin skin, and won't use any of my sugar scrubs or anything with exfolients in them, even oatmeal.

Oh I love them!! they are fab!!! I am not a lavender fan but I would pick one of those babies by look alone!! Great Job

I think what your doing is super sweet too... but also think that maybe a plain cp would be a better choice. I know that many people are told to refrain from using salt based bathing products as they age, for heath and other reasons. I think that you may have a bunch of ladies not beable to use them.. but their bathrooms will sure get a spruse up!!!

Cheers.. and good luck on the 135 bars!! You will have a soap rack worthy of a Santas Helper with that!!!

Oh I love them!! they are fab!!! I am not a lavender fan but I would pick one of those babies by look alone!! Great Job

I think what your doing is super sweet too... but also think that maybe a plain cp would be a better choice. I know that many people are told to refrain from using salt based bathing products as they age, for heath and other reasons. I think that you may have a bunch of ladies not beable to use them.. but their bathrooms will sure get a spruse up!!!

Cheers.. and good luck on the 135 bars!! You will have a soap rack worthy of a Santas Helper with that!!!

Oh thank you for reminding me of that. YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!! Perhaps I can replicate the look in a straight soap bar. Thank you again for reminding me of this, that is VERY important and I had totally forgotten that :D