What would you mix?

Thanks for all the help. I am doing a carved candle, so I am dipping in wax that has color pigment mixed in...which makes it a little different than actually "mixing" the colors. Everything is coming out different shades of purple so far...just not quite the mauve I am looking for...but I am not giving up! ( I am REALLY close)

I have Red, Blue, Yellow, Brown, Black, Silver, Green, Gold, Lt. Blue, White and Fushia. The silver is helping!

I have Red, Blue, Yellow, Brown, Black, Silver, Green, Gold, Lt. Blue, White and Fushia. The silver is helping!

Do you ever use clear to calm down the colors? I use clear in everything that I need to lighten up a bit. I hate it that now days they have sooo many names for colors that we just called red or purple with red years ago. lol Do you do half dips? Thats what I call it when I go in one color and dont hit the water to cool it but go right in another color. That gives you a small amount of color where a full dip would be too much. Bruce

Oh yea, Bruce...that is what I am trying to do to sorta "fuse" the colors together. Most of the combinations are looking more in the purple range more than an actual mauve. The Blue, Red and Yellow....and the Red and Silver(I just need it a tinge darker) are looking the best so far....I am still "playing" trying to hit the color dead on. I have to get serious and make a decision so I can ship it out Monday.This has been fun for me. I have always loved playing in the colors.:D

This is not quite like the color wheel and hair color LOL...similar in the basic aspects, but different too. Way Fun!

I got mauve by accident one time by using a few drops of dark purple and a drop of black. It toned it right down to a lovely medium shade of mauve. It was an odd discovery. I am a hair dresser and know quite a bit about color mixing, so this was a nice surprise.

Kim