FCO locally?

EmpressC

Thanx for the offer, DeJae. I'm in Wisconsin and was hoping to have it before this weekend to make products for a show I'm doing. No worries, I'll just go ahead and order some since I won't make my deadline now. Darn-it!

CB, that would have been a good sub but my recipe uses both cyclo and fco. I thought of upping the cyclo in place of the FCO, but not really sure what that'd do and don't have the time to test it out. At this point, though, I've got nothing to lose! :D

Here's some info on FCO (copied from the FNWL site):

Fractionated coconut oil contains only the medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) of coconut oil, making it a fluid and very stable oil. It is produced through the hydrolysis of coconut oil and is then fractionated by steam distillation to isolate the MCTs. Fractionated coconut oil has indefinite shelf life and is a light, non-greasy, non-staining, liquid oil. It is a good choice for use in massage, skin care and soap formulations. Fractionated coconut oil is also a useful carrier oil within aromatherapy applications as it helps to carry therapeutic oils under the skin. It can be included in creams, lotions, bath oils, bath salts and soap. Fractionated coconut oil is especially useful in facial creams and formulations that benefit from the inclusion of a lighter oil. It is a good substitute for sweet almond oil if you are worried about rancidity or a short shelf life.