Where's the best (cheapest) place to buy jelly jars?

I do very few jj because there are several sellers who sell them for next to nothing at the flea markets in surrounding areas. However, for the few that I do, I get the jars locally at grocery store, Walmart, Big Lots, etc.

If you don't care if they have the embossing on them, I'd get them locally at the grocery store or Wally's (here the grocery store is cheaper.) If you want plain, you'll probably need to order them. JBN carries the plain with several lid choices, they would be shipped from TX and you can check shipping before you commit to buy.

Posted by tootie04 regarding Fillmore Containers...

"Isnt your shipping really HIGH??"

If I go by their shipping rate calculations indicated on their website (based on my zip code)...YES! But I call or e-mail them first to get an exact shipping quote and it's usually a bit less. They told me that what the website indicates is only an estimate.

But I like the idea of Big Lots!!! Not sure if the one in my area will carry them. Seems like the Midwest and Eastern stores carry more 'canning' products than the West.

North Carolina to Florida isn't that far and the shipping charges from Candle Science are very reasonable. They carry the smooth sided jars. (Don't forget the lids, too, if you need them.) If you go to the site and fill your cart and calculate shipping - you'll see EXACTLY what the charge will be.

Candle science has the 8 oz. jelly jars for 3.99 per case (lids are extra) and the shipping is about the same as it is from Filmore Containers. Filmore's 8 oz. jelly jars for 10 cases (120 jars) is 4.20 per case (lids are exrtra). The shipping is 42.54 for Candle Science and 42.30 for Filmore's....just a personal preference I guess.

Mike

But I like the idea of Big Lots!!! Not sure if the one in my area will carry them. Seems like the Midwest and Eastern stores carry more 'canning' products than the West.

I'm in the West and I can pick them up at any Albertson's, Ralph's or Von's. They also carry them at Wally's. I've never looked at Big Lots for them. So far, I've found Albertson's to be the cheapest.

Thanks everyone for the help. Right now it looks like fillmore might be the cheapest when I put everything in the cart. I really don't want to buy them from walmart or another grocery store. Id prefer smooth sided jars, not to mention when I DID buy those ones none of my local stores ever kept them in stock and they were a pain when I tried to get a special order.

Just got some tonight at Big Lots for 6.50 a case, I'm in NE Ohio...They are the regular Jelly Jars. Not sure if I like them though plain or with the embossing...

How do Jelly Jars typically sell? I was thinking of selling them, after testing and everything at about $5.00?

• 3 weeks later...