Soap STUCK!!

ShoogieScents

OK, I had my husband silicone a wook log mold for me. I told him he needed to use the Bathroom/Kitchen kind, but being Mr. KNOW IT ALL, he used some other kid of Silicone and my entire loaf is STUCK in the mold. Anyone ever have any success with getting soap out of WOODEN molds? I have tried freezing, banging, etc with NO luck. I wish he would just LISTEN to me once in a while and stop thinking he KNOW everything. Now, I am probably going to have to throw out my mold, unless someone can give me advice as to how to remove the soap without ruining the mold.... :confused::angry2:

Thanks,

you (not for ME, but YOU can) can always rebatch what you get out!

Firegirl, a hint for your TOG mold. If you get a little soap leaking out of the liners you can easily scrape it out with a credit card - fits perfectly and won't mar the wood.

Thanks CB.. so far, so good.. I am in LOVE!

I've never used my log mold without a liner, but I know that my log molds are screwed together. I suspect they're also glued together, along with the screws, but you could try. You may just have to totally trash the soap to get it out. If rebatching isn't your style (it certainly isn't mine), you can always chunk it up, or confetti it and use it in a new batch. There are ALWAYS options.

PS - at a quick glance, I thought your thread subject said "Soap Sucks" Oops... need more caffeine, or at least more sleep. Has anyone seen my clone? She ran off, and I really need her back. My laundry is piling up while I make soaps and lotions....