Melters from CS

littlebrownbug

I believe E is thinking of junky melters from Candles & Supplies.

However, I think you're referring to the ones CandleScience has started carrying. I'm not familiar with those but I trust the supplier.

It's unfortunate CS and C&S can so easily be confused. Those two businesses are at opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to professionalism.

I believe E is thinking of junky melters from Candles & Supplies.

However, I think you're referring to the ones CandleScience has started carrying. I'm not familiar with those but I trust the supplier.

It's unfortunate CS and C&S can so easily be confused. Those two businesses are at opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to professionalism.

Totally correct; my error.

e

Thanks top....I thought they looked like quality made units but I have never really looked into it before so I didn't know for sure how good they were. I also trust CS and don't think they would intentionally sell junk to their customers. Is the price about right for those kinds of melters or are they a bit pricey?

Mike

Well I would not pay that price. I get my bigger melters from coogar they are not pretty but they are work horses. You can get a direct heat 160 lb melter for about $900 from them. They are square so it makes it easy to slip a slab of wax in with out breaking it up. I can melt 160 lb of wax in a few hours.

http://www.coogarproducts.com/products/melters/melter.htm

Thanks for that info. Vicky. I was kind of wondering about the prices of their melters too. I definately want to save my pennies for their Mark VII machine. What do you think of that machine besides being a bit pricey? What are the dimensions for the melters you have from coogar? Maybe someone else has these machines too and can comment on how they like them....they seem to be really good.

Mike

That Mark VII would be so cool but that thing is about $20,000 way out of my budget. When I get to the shop in the morning I will give you the dimensions for the 160 lb melter Heck I will even take a picture of it for you. I know the thing is light weight maybe 25lb It only cost $45 to ship it to me in Colorado from New York.

Well I would not pay that price. I get my bigger melters from coogar they are not pretty but they are work horses. You can get a direct heat 160 lb melter for about $900 from them. They are square so it makes it easy to slip a slab of wax in with out breaking it up. I can melt 160 lb of wax in a few hours.

http://www.coogarproducts.com/products/melters/melter.htm

I double ditto Vicky, I have 2 of his largest 750# melters and one small 160# melter and I have the Mark, all terrific products. Have had a repore with him for a long time....I am seriously thinking about selling one of the large melters....I have all 4 of them in my climate controlled garage but taking up WAY TO MUCH ROOM, we have no room to do anything productive sometimes. But as for product, I think they are tops, I would never use anything else.....Vicky if you ever decide to buy the Mark, I know where you can get one for about $10 or $12 thousand, gently used.

Okay here are the dimensions 29" tall that is from the bottom of the legs to the top of the melter 21" wide 22" deep. I would give you the inside dimensions but they are both full of wax each has about 1 1/2 of insulation.

I can turn these off at night and when I get here in the morning the wax is not totally solid so only takes a short time to bring it back up to temp.

here is the pics I promised ignore the slight mess I have had a few wax adventures. :D

post-7-139458433903_thumb.jpg

post-7-139458433906_thumb.jpg