Bad 6006 solved for now!

My suppliers came through for me. Lone Star gave me credit for the 5 bad cases 6006, and they are sending my bad candles to IGI. AAA Candle Supply in Dallas found 10 cases of the old in their warehouse. BCS found a pallet of old which is being shipped to me at this moment. I feel so fortunate to have everyone's help. This will keep me going till the 1st of the year and hopefully IGI will have figured it out by then. I just am so disappointed in IGI. They may be the biggest mfg, but they probably dropped the ball on this one. I would be very careful buying this wax for a while. It cost me big bucks and 3 weeks of downtime trying to find the good batches. Thks, Carole

• 3 weeks later...

Blest, how could you have missed my rantings & ravings? http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57642 Also, had one before that.

Buck, your batch # is in the 600's. All of the bad ones started with 0700xxx. I would say it is good. How long have you had it? You'll know if it's a bad batch, it won't burn and sweet scents accumulate "black goop." Carole

Thanks Carole!

I was worried! I've never used this wax before! As a matter of fact, I didn't even order it - I had ordered J300 and the company shipped me this instead! I've been putting off using it until now. I've used all my other wax up and this is all that I have left until my order gets in here hopefully this next week!

Any suggestions on where to start wicking? I have several sizes of LX's & HTP's.

Thanks for all your help!

Wow that is great. I can't believe you didn't have to eat it. Ya know. I didn't have that much problem. I had no complaints. So I guess I missed the bad stuff. I did notice it looked different for awhile though. Harder to cut, color off. maybe just in my candle head full of fumes. :tongue2:

I just bought 10lbs of J300 from the Candlemakers Store and it said IGI 6006 same as J300. Have to call tomorrow and see what batch it came from. If they even know. They have them already separated and wrapped. I'm not using it for wicked candles so wonder what effect it would have in a wickless candle?