Almost a clam shell

Where did you see this type clamshell? Did you buy tarts in a package like this? If so, if you give us the name of the candle company, or if we can see a picture, someone on the board might be able to help you figure out where to get them, if they are available to us small-time candlemakers. Are they smaller than the attached lid type clamshells many tartmakers are using and how much is the net wt of the pkg you saw?

Those at Kentucky are the hinged lid clamshells (not ones with a separate lid) The hinged ones are readily available through many candle suppliers and Impact Mfg. You are looking for separate lids that just fit over the base, right Alharbolt?

"You are looking for separate lids that just fit over the base, right Alharbolt?" Yes I am looking for the ones that just fit over the base I had bought one and lost the details of who made it. I plan to go buy another one to find the manufacture. I will update then.

Thanks for your help so far.

Alharbolt

You are looking for separate lids that just fit over the base, right Alharbolt?"

Yes I am looking for the ones that just fit over the base I had bought one and lost the details of who made it. I plan to go buy another one to find the manufacture. I will update then.

Thanks for your help so far.

Alharbolt

I know that ROOT candles have tarts like that only they are really slim pieces of wax. I think the total wax weight was like 1.2 oz. I liked them really well and the bottoms of the clams had a design in them.

I was never able to find anyplace that sold those clam shells alone as packagin cause I have been looking for a long time. I'd love to have some too. I post if I find any.:)

This is not a close-up picture that really shows the clamshell well enough, but I bought one somewhere made by this company GANZ "Time and Again".

It holds 1.6 oz., the top just fits over base, but is not attached. To hold together, the card-type label surrounds the clamshell and slides on and off.

The plastic clamshell does not have any mfgr. info on it. Believe me, I looked carefully for it, even with my magnifying glass. It was probably intentionally not imprinted with info.

http://www.timeandagain.com/candles/simmering/art-simmer.php Sorry, this link won't bring up the page it should, but you can click on the Home page link on the screen it brings up, to locate the Waffle Bars.

The only disadvantage I can see in using these, is that customers will take off labels to smell, might not put them back on, or get labels mixed up. (and any retailer knows some customers just do not care what they mess up). I sometimes find tarts put back into the wrong container (even purple colored tarts mixed with my white colored ones). I don't think that many people are color-blind. I have even found lids put back on the wrong candle jars.

The big companies usually have the plastics manufacturers design their own packaging (for a hefty sum) and those are sold to them exculsively.

I wish these were in-stock items available for us to purchase. I also wish one of our suppliers could work out a deal with the mfgrs. and offer this type clamshell. Actually, I wish we could get smaller 1 oz. clamshells, for a reasonable price, to make 1 oz tarts, and cut out so much shrink wrapping labor. The clamshells look so much more professional than souffle/portion cups IMO and I like the little break-away blocks. I think the 1 oz. would sell much better for me. My personal experience is that some customers prefer a smaller size/price than the usual clamshells us tartmakers use, unless it's a scent they have purchased before and know they will like.