#5 ?'s

Can anyone tell me whats the deal with having the #5 on the oval souffle cups? I've seen the 2 oz cups at Sams which seem to be the ones to use for a completely full oz, and I've seen the online shopping web sites, but not sure why they need a #5 on them. Also a few more ?'s Do they hold the fragrance? And do they really break down and crack? I want to make these for my sisters baby shower in January, this fall before the holidays begin. I want to keep them in the cups and decorate the lid for shower favors so I'm especially conserned about these potential problems. I plan to do a few test runs first, but I don't want to pay all that $$$$ if they're not going to hold up. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks... Shelby

Polypropylene is what the #5 is made of. They have a good chemical resistance which means they don't absorb the FO and the tarts will hold their scent. They also have a higher melting point so hot wax can easily be poured in them without causing damage to the cups.

I have seen one or two say that their cups have cracked. I have used them for a year. If I had any crack, it was so few I can't remember.

I think you will be fine making them up for the shower ;)

Thank you so much. I was getting so nervous thinking about buying these and then ruining them*faint* I will make sure they have the #5 just to be on the safe side of life:D After all I do have a reputation of being the coolest crafter in my family*getdown* Again thanks for your help!