EcoSoya PB

I have always used Cargil V1 for my votives and tarts.I though seeing I get everythng from CS I would switch to the EcoSoyaPB for my votives and tarts.Im not loving it. It is so soft.Im not use to this. Is thier anything I can add to the wax? I also switched from C1 to C3, again not loving the switch.C3 seems so much softer to me. I wonder if its because C 1 is not all soy like C 3? Any help would be great...

Sorry I should of been more specific.My votives are so soft that I have to put them in the fridg for a few mins to get the pin off. When I used C 1 they just popped right off.To me they just seem so soft and creamy. I guess I dont know if that is the way it is suppose to be.

Cindy, have you test burned them to compare how the newer waxes burn for you vs. the ones you had used previously? I like the soft consistancy of C3 for containers. V1 can be brittle, but with some additives, works very well. No problems with the wickpins. Perhaps you are just having some summer pouring issues?

I have used the PB exclusively for my votives for the last 2 years. It is very hard compared to other soy waxes I have tried, and the only time I have a hard time removing the pins is if it is really warm in my shop - 85+. I usually just give the bottom of the wick pin a whack or 2 on my table and then they pop right out. Now, I haven't tried V-1, so it may be soft compared to it. Beeswax will harden it more, but I think I would only start with 1/4 oz. BW to 1 lb. PB. (1.5%) as the wax might crack at 3%. But then again, maybe not. Oh the joys of testing. LOL! :D Good luck to you!

After testing the C1 for a few weeks now, IMO it is much harder than C3. I usually wipe off the tops of my candles after they have completely set up with a clean white towel and I noticed a big difference in the feel of the C1 vs C3. The C1 is not like typical soy wax and I'm sure it is because the 15-20% palm added to it is a hard wax. It didn't adhere to the jars as well as C3 and I didn't notice enough of HT difference to warrant using it. On the plus side, C1 burns a bit slower, so my candle lasted about 5 hours longer than the C3.