Coffee Grounds/MP soap/PrairieAnnie

MochaMama

Prairieannie:

I remember you writing in another thread about soaking your coffee grounds in water before adding them to MP soap.

Does that keep them from floating to the top of the bar? I had good luck with most of the grounds but notice a fair amount of them float to the top of the bar. Sure is a nice scrubby effect, but I want them to suspend in the soap.

Maybe I'm adding too much coffee grounds? I add about 2 T pp soap.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for all your replies, but I am not having a problem with them suspending. Instead a great amount of the grounds actually float to the top of the mold (which ends up being the bottom of the soap when demolded, if that's a real word :cheesy2: ). I hope that makes my dilemma clearer. Now that I actually think about it, soaking the grounds would probably make them heavier and thus they would not float...hmmmm.

Thanks for all your replies, but I am not having a problem with them suspending. Instead a great amount of the grounds actually float to the top of the mold (which ends up being the bottom of the soap when demolded, if that's a real word :cheesy2: ). I hope that makes my dilemma clearer. Now that I actually think about it, soaking the grounds would probably make them heavier and thus they would not float...hmmmm.

Hiya! I soak the coffee grounds to soften them up a bit. Coffee grounds are a pretty harsh exfoliant, nomatter how soft you can get them ~surprisingly, even when they're wet.

You said in your first post that you wanted the grounds to suspend, and as someone else answered already, the only way you can get them to do that is by stirring like a crazed woman! ;) Stir until the soap starts getting cool, eventually everything you are stirring in will suspend and sometimes it takes awhile. Good Luck to you!