Propay ? 's

malaki

I have a couple ? about propay . 1st does everybody like their service that has the premium service. also can i link my joint checking account for the money to be transferd into that account or do i need a business checking account. also do most of you call them in there at the craft show or do you wait to you get home. and final how long to they activate your account usually. thanks for any help

I have a ProPay Premium account and it does a good job for me. ProPay sent me an email to let me know my account was activated after they received my check, seems like it was under a week.

After I return home from a show is usually when I process my transactions as this works for me, I have had 1 declined transaction, so I do have advice about that.

Make Sure you see a drivers licence that matches the CC. Make sure you get that 3 digit security # on the back of the card and the exp. Make sure you get the customers address correct including the zip, and ask if the billing address is the same address as the billing statement. I now make a note of the financial institution the card is from, my decline could have been saved with this info and my sleuthing. I always get a signed copy and run it thru a knuckel buster, available on ebay.

You can process at a show via phone if you have a cell, I don't bother with it that way.

I have the funds deposited in a MC that they provide, that way no more of my personal info is floating around. You can use the MC until it is empty just like a CC and I have only found 1 place that could not get the card to work.

And yes, I think customers buy more when they use them.

HTH's...OH Cathy

I had some problems with them when I first opened my account. It took them a long time to finally approve me. When that happened, I was set to go. They want you to give them a check with your name on it, so I suppose a joint account might work. You should try to contact them and ask. It's a nice account to have for the smaller crafter. I've heard good and bad about them, but for me at least I don't have to worry about a monthly payment. HTH,

Jodie

I have a ProPay Premium account and it does a good job for me. ProPay sent me an email to let me know my account was activated after they received my check, seems like it was under a week.

After I return home from a show is usually when I process my transactions as this works for me, I have had 1 declined transaction, so I do have advice about that.

Make Sure you see a drivers licence that matches the CC. Make sure you get that 3 digit security # on the back of the card and the exp. Make sure you get the customers address correct including the zip, and ask if the billing address is the same address as the billing statement. I now make a note of the financial institution the card is from, my decline could have been saved with this info and my sleuthing. I always get a signed copy and run it thru a knuckel buster, available on ebay.

You can process at a show via phone if you have a cell, I don't bother with it that way.

I have the funds deposited in a MC that they provide, that way no more of my personal info is floating around. You can use the MC until it is empty just like a CC and I have only found 1 place that could not get the card to work.

And yes, I think customers buy more when they use them.

HTH's...OH Cathy

i was just doing research on this very issue. after combing through their site, it appears they only require the cc#, amount, exp.date,and zip code. do we have to collect the address, and cvv#?

I collect as much info as I can from the customer. Name, address, phone, cell, and driver's license #. I also write down whether is is Visa, MC, etc and the bank that issues it. I've never had a decline but want to be able to get hold of the person in case there is. I also use a knuckle-buster. This way both you and the customer have a receipt.

Dh and I just tested our account, lol. He bought a candle from me with our credit card for 5.00. We're doing a show in 2 weeks and wanted to be prepared. It was so easy and the info immediatly posted to the website. We lost .51, lol, but it was worth it to test it out. I'm very pleased.

They want you to give them a check with your name on it

Not anymore. They accept credit cards now (hows that for irony) and you can do the whole thing over the net and get instant approval. At least that's how it worked for me.

The only thing that's a bit of a pain is the validation process for adding a checking account to your account. It's kinda strange.

did anybody have a problem signing up online when they asked for your tax id it say mine is invalid and i know it isnt even called and asked my state tax department and they said nothing was wrong. it does say you can put in your ss # instead. i was just wondering if anybody else had this problem.