Aroma Beads/Ornies, for those that...

make them.

When you bake the ornies in your oven, does it leave the smell of the fragrance oil behind?

I've already taken over my hubby's kitchen ;) (he does all the cooking), if the food started smelling of f.o. he'd not be best pleased lol.

I've finally got some aroma beads and fancied trying the ornies probably some christmas themed ones, I know theres a link to how to make them around somewhere, so will look for that now.

thanks

I've not ever had a problem with food cooked in the over tasting strange. But with that being said...I used to put my cookie sheets in a spare freezer to cook them off faster and both my dad and his g/f claimed that the ice then smelled and tasted funny. HTH

I've not noticed any fragrance in the oven, but I too quit putting them in the freezer. Food definately picked up the scents. I have an AC vent on the floor so I just crank the AC and put the sheet on the vent for a couple of minutes. If it's cold outside, I just set them on the front step. Neighbors probably think I'm nuts cooling my cookies like that. :D

hey! i bought some of those beads a few weeks ago also and had a question.

You put them in a container with some FO and color and let them soak it up and THEN cook them at 350 for 10 minutes?

How long should they be in the FO and color?

my first time and am REALLY excited! bought the stuff and then froze!!

TIA

I add my FO and color (one drop per batch) or however dark or light you want them, then add the beads. I shake mine as soon as I put the beads in then every time I walk by them I shake them. They will be ready when you shake them and they don't stick to the sides and they feel dry to the touch. Some FO's will dry in a few hours and some can take days. I bake mine at 350 for 5 min. but it will depend on your oven. They will not be smooth on top and to get them to release from the cookie cutters wipe them with some cooking oil or spray. I also bake them with some foil on my cookie sheet. Let them cool completly before you take them out of the cutters. HTH

make them.

When you bake the ornies in your oven' date=' does it leave the smell of the fragrance oil behind?

I've already taken over my hubby's kitchen ;) (he does all the cooking), if the food started smelling of f.o. he'd not be best pleased lol.

I've finally got some aroma beads and fancied trying the ornies probably some christmas themed ones, I know theres a link to how to make them around somewhere, so will look for that now.

thanks[/quote']

Hi I put mine in a toaster oven that I never use for food :D Regina

I need a few more bigger cookie cutters then, I'm sure I had a christmas tree but can't find it.

Is there any way around the liquid dye? is there any way of melting dye chips?

oh and can I ask the ingredients listed as

1 tablespoon fo

2 drops dye

and 4 T of beads, whats T? teaspoon/tablespoon?

Guess I'll have to bake them when hubbys at work and deny all knowledge of any smell that may happen lol

1 Tablespoon of Frangrance Oil

2 drops of candle dye

4 Tablespoons of Beads

I use the chips, but I put my frangrance oil in a measuring cup and heat in microwave for 10 seconds and then stir until melted.

DO NOT HEAT ANY LONGER THAN 10 SECONDS and be careful getting out of microwave because the glass could be hot.

I usually use 1/4 of a chip for a batch but it depends on how dark you want the ornies to be.

I use 3 inch cookie cutters

I have never had my oven carry over the scent to my food. When I'm done, I turn my oven off and leave the oven door open until cool. hth (hope this helps)