made my round today...

ubure

...and had a great time (in contrast to yesterday:angry2: ) - the owner of a shop for exclusive furniture and accessories immediately ordered a whole bunch of my candles:bliss: ! Then, rather incidentally, I walked about the city and came to a boutique I know the owners of (they were regular visitors to my aerobics class when I was working in a gym for a living during my time at university - two really large ladies, sisters, and former models but sooo sweet and normal...okay, they were no supermodels, only normal ones...:confused: ) and I walked in and asked if I could sell my candles in their shop and they simply said "Sure!". In two weeks I will put two or three of my best-selling scents in their boutique, directly on the counter, always 20 candles per scent (they told my that people always buy those things they see a lot of from - if there is only one piece they just ignore it. That's their experience. Aren't people strange?), and they sell it for me without any comission.

I'm very grateful!

I guess it is much easier here as we don't have too many people making candles with their own hands, so to say.

Maybe it's been my little lucky day today - if you've read my post from yesterday you see that things change from day to day. I really hope bad luck won't return too early!

But one thing is certain for me: my candles are pretty and good enough to be sold in upscale shops and that's a very big compliment for my work.:)

(they were regular visitors to my aerobics class.... two really large ladies, sisters, and former models but sooo sweet and normal...okay, they were no supermodels, only normal ones...:confused:

First off good for you for getting your candles in two shops-will these be wholesale accounts or consignment type deals?

This part of your statement bothers me! Why exactly did you feel the need to describe these women in such detail? What revelance does them being "large ladies" whom are ex-models "but so sweet and just normal ones :confused:"(what the heck does this mean? As opposed to being mean and abnormal?) Have to do with anything?

Also, sorry but I'm a little confused about something else. Didn't I read a post by you a while back that said you were giving up candlemaking? I thought I did but maybe not.

This part of your statement bothers me! Why exactly did you feel the need to describe these women in such detail? What revelance does them being "large ladies" whom are ex-models "but so sweet and just normal ones :confused:"(what the heck does this mean? As opposed to being mean and abnormal?) Have to do with anything?

In fact it means...nothing!:D You don't have to put too much meaning into my words, just babbling.

And with large I meant in height not in amplitude.

Yes, I was about giving up but after all I didn't give up.

In fact it means...nothing!:D You don't have to put too much meaning into my words, just babbling.

And with large I meant in height not in amplitude.

Yes, I was about giving up but after all I didn't give up.

Again, I ask what the heck did any of the derogatory descriptions of your CUSTOMERS have to do with anything? Even if you did in fact mean that they were TALL what does that have to do with you putting candles in their shop?

What does them being exmodels have to do with it for that matter? Stating that they were sweet AND normal like it was shocking to you, is offensive.

And if you know it means nothing and that you're just babbling, why didn't you edit your post?

I took offense to your descriptions of these ladies, especially since they are going to be your new customers.

I wonder how anxious they'd be to have your candles if they read what you wrote here about them?

You need to think (and proofread and possibly edit) about what and how you are saying things before you actually say it/hit the submit button.

While I agree that ubure's statement could have been much more diplomatic, I honestly doubt she had any bad intentions.

I think derogatory is a rather strong word, considering she was not insulting her customers. She already clarified that she meant "tall" when she said "large", and she was actually complimenting them on their sweet nature, though she could have been more careful since she also implied that ex-models are generally not sweet and normal, which I think was your point.

I don't think you needed to be so harsh, Michi. A simple warning would have sufficed. By the time she saw your post and thought about it, it was far too late for her to edit her original post anyhow.

Everyone makes mistakes. I'm sure Inez will be more careful with her posts in the future.

Guest Candelishis

Ummm....I'm a "large" girl, in the tall sense, the voluptuous sense, and in my personality. I didn't find that remark the least bit offensive. I caught what she meant. And I think that some people need to chill...I don't think Inez meant anything by it. Maybe people in other countries use different terms for things, like in England, "pissed" means drunk, while here, it means angry... so I don't think that Inez even made a mistake. If you think she should be more openminded about people's stature, maybe you should be more openminded about the vocabulary in their home country. Americans say lots of things that people from some other countries would find horribly offensive, and that's just part of our daily speak, and we all have the right to speak our minds freely.

Oh, and CONGRATS INEZ!!!! Doesn't it feel awesome to know that you make something that "upscale" stores want to sell??? Kinda makes you feel important :)

I wonder how anxious they'd be to have your candles if they read what you wrote here about them?

It was mainly this that I felt was uncalled for.

Calling her out on a mistake was one thing, even though she didn't mean anything mean by it. Taking a jab at her like that though, is going somewhat overboard.

Well, either way, I'm pretty sure Inez got the message, which was the point.

Michi,

I really can't understand why you are so excited about my pot. I didn't mean anything negative - I think I said so. That's it. If you don't belive me it's your problem. The others did get it, fortunately - Thanks!

Maybe you are a model?

Sometimes people have make a fuss about everything and I won't react an such posts again, it's just a waster of time in my eyes to repeat myseld again and again.

Even if you're not going to respond/react to this post again, I still feel the need to respond to your last post.

I found it offensive and completely unnecessary, but because no one else found it so, (or maybe they did but didn't respond for whatever reason) you will in no way take responsibility for your actions/words.

Seriously, what if you had said those things directly to those ladies, or what if they overheard you, or read your statement, how do you think they would take it?

I think it's one of those "open mouth, insert foot" moments, where you would have to back pedal to try and get out of it, and apologize profusely.

I guess if you can't see my point at all, then you surely can't be sympathetic to it either.

Oh and for the record, I do NOT make a fuss about everything, only things I feel passionately about.

What if I was a model? Would you feel I then had a valid right to feel offended by what you said?

Of course, you're not going to respond to this, so I guess I will just have to be satisfied with your remarks of "when I said LARGE I meant Tall" and "It didn't mean anything....I was just babbling".

Okay, last answer:

I could tell the both exactly what I've written, that they are tall/large, they are sweet and normal. No prob. It's nothing offensive and they ARE down to earth, that's why I can talk to them freely (as we know each other for years).

So, a well-meant advice: stop being such a pedant.

Guest Candelishis

LOL....Ohhhh Lord....why do people take things so damn personally??? Jeez. She wasn't saying anything about anyone on this board, so she has no reason to apologize, especially "apologize profusely"...

If it pissed you off so bad, stop reading the thread. Ignore Inez, or anybody else who irritates you. You're gonna give yourself an ulcer worrying so much about other people's opinions. (No offense to people with ulcers!!!)

Ok I'm probably going to catch hell for something I said, but this is just silly. Can't we all just get along?! lol.....

Candelishish, it's okay for me (and: thank you for your congrats - I'm so relieved, it was so important for me!). She told me in an email she wouldn't go on posting in this thread...and some other things:cool2: .

I just don't care. If she choses not to believe me when I explain what I've meant it's her problem. That's it.