Dora says "I did it, I did it"

Well, like Dora says - I did it, I did it. Made my very first soy candle just now. Waiting for it cool to pouring temp. Made it with 1 lb of C3, 1.25oz of Nostalgia from JS, 4 drops of orange dye from cajun. I was just as nervous as I was when I poured my first candle over 4 years ago:D Can't wait to burn it. Hope it makes 1 10oz apoth wicked with 2 eco6 and 1 8oz jelly jar wicked with eco10. Anybody with ideas on my wicking selection:undecided I will pour at about 130 degrees.

Hey, Grama, that's great! Have you burned the soy candle yet? I did my first soy last week and used C3. I liked it. Since then I got a 10# slab of the GB466. I am testing it now. It wasn't as smooth on the top as the C3.

Are you still playing with the Palm?

Hi Rae - No I haven't played with the palm much lately. I thought I would let the soy cure for about 24 hr and then try burning. Right now I am testing some Christmas pillars so my house smells like Christmas!! Can't wait to burn the soy though. It really looks pretty. Absolutely no wet spots and the top is nice and smooth. Don't think I will even try another soy wax since this one looks so great. Now if it will just throw strong I will have 1 scent to call "Soy":cool2:

Thanks anyhoo. I couldn't stand it any longer so I put out Christmas Pillars and lit my soy - Nostalgia. It is burning real good and the best I can tell with my sinuses always active - it has a good hot throw. It cured for 24 hrs so that should be enough - for me anyway.:cheesy2: